掲示板

Change video on change language

8年前 に Norman Sánchez によって更新されました。

Change video on change language

Junior Member 投稿: 26 参加年月日: 13/09/24 最新の投稿
Hello,

We have videos translated to three languages. We need change the video if the user change the language?
How can I do it?

Thanks for helping!
thumbnail
8年前 に Alexey Kakunin によって更新されました。

RE: Change video on change language

Liferay Master 投稿: 621 参加年月日: 08/07/07 最新の投稿
Hi!

Files inDocument Library does not supported multi-language, so, that I suggest is:
1. Upload all free versions of video into Document Library
2. Create web-content and place into this web-content player to play this Video (you can use Video widget from Alloy: http://alloyui.com/examples/video/) - set url to video file for major language
3. Add translations for required langiages - and change url to the video to video file for specific language

Then place this Web-Content on the page with "Display Web-Content" portlet. So, then user will change language - web-content will display translation for this language and use video for that language.

Hope it will work for your case.

====
Alexey Kakunin
Liferay Experts in Russia
thumbnail
8年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Hi Norman,

from 6.2 on you can add videos within web contents using default CKEditor. Just enable Xuggler and a new video button will show up in editor toolbar.

Then just use the translation feature in web content and choose the video you want for each language in your web content body.
8年前 に Norman Sánchez によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 26 参加年月日: 13/09/24 最新の投稿
Thank you so much Juan and Alexey,

Juan give me the definitive idea. I've used web content and I paste the code that give you youtube for adding a video with a frame. In the CKEditor code mode you paste the code and in the translation web content you paste the code of the translated video.
Easy? Yes! I had not really thought about this solution!

See you!
thumbnail
8年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Hi Norman,

great it was useful for you.

Just wanted to mention that there is a built-in video feature in Liferay just in case you want to have your videos within Liferay and not using external resources like Youtube.