掲示板

Creating Custom Themes

13年前 に Jon Thomas によって更新されました。

Creating Custom Themes

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 10/04/26 最新の投稿
Hi there. Just wanting to know if there's a SDK for creating custom themes in 6.x yet. If not, what's the best way to go about creating a custom theme for 6.x?

Thanks.
13年前 に Dikesh Joshi によって更新されました。

RE: Creating Custom Themes

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 10/02/03 最新の投稿
I am also looking to create Custom Themes but couldn't find any good instruction how to start with! If you find any please suggest.

Thanks
thumbnail
13年前 に Zankar Shah によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 106 参加年月日: 07/10/03 最新の投稿
Download plugins sdk for your version of Liferay.

Go to Themes folder and run create.bat

May be you have to change buil.xml to point it to you tomcat.
13年前 に James McGovern によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 68 参加年月日: 10/06/13 最新の投稿
Is there any opportunity to add a feature to the SDK that allows you to "clone" a theme from an existing website?

I would like to "clone" the themes of StackOverflow (www.stackoverflow.com) and proposable (http://www.proposable.com/) but am having difficulty.
thumbnail
13年前 に Samuel Liu によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 301 参加年月日: 10/05/27 最新の投稿
Hi James,

No, there is no possibility of adding a feature that simply clones other website themes. If it is a Liferay theme, there are backend velocity files that you can't grab via html, so to develop an algorithm for copying themes would be extremely difficult if at all possible. Sites like StackOverflow don't even use Liferay so it makes it that much more unlikely that we can develop an algorithm to copy their theme.

If you would like to "clone" someone's theme, your best bet is to draw it out in photoshop, slice and code it into HTML/CSS, then port it to Liferay (using CSS and portlet arrangement to emulate the site's layout).

Hi Jon,

I'm not sure if there's documentation on how to create themes in Netbeans, but I found this link here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1221361/how-to-create-liferay-theme-from-scratch << the second comment mentions netbeans. Not sure if that will be helpful...

Hi everyone,

Generally you use the plugins sdk to create themes. At its simplest level, you create a theme by generating the framework with plugins sdk, and then adding your custom CSS and images to the _diffs folder. The difficult parts are 1) making the CSS cross-browser compliant, and 2) making your own images. That's about all there is to it at the lowest level. You can read about this here
https://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Create+Liferay+Themes+for+6.0.x

Warm regards,
Sam
12年前 に Steffen Luypaert によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 11/05/27 最新の投稿
I just wrote a blog article on how to create a Liferay theme for Liferay 6.0 and based it on the official documentation/your link.
I hope it's going to help some people get started with Liferay themes.
thumbnail
13年前 に Nidhi Singh によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 155 参加年月日: 09/10/07 最新の投稿
Hi,

you can refer this link

Thanks
Nidhi Singh
13年前 に simon tuffle によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 150 参加年月日: 09/05/18 最新の投稿
Hi Guys,

i have created my own theme instead of using sdk, i have used NETBEANS Ide6.5.1.It works fine for me..

Rgds,

Is there any documentation on using Netbeans to do this?

Cool. I will try the link you just posted.
thumbnail
13年前 に Devanshu Chakraborty によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 19 参加年月日: 10/06/22 最新の投稿
Hi Nidhi,

I read the page recommended by you for plugin development. But why the two radio buttons for "Theme" and "Layout" in the menu "File > New Project... > Liferay > Liferay Plug-in Project" in eclipse are disabled? How can we make theme and layout plugins from eclipse?
13年前 に Kory Hoopes によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 10/02/19 最新の投稿
You can find the download for the 6.x SDK here:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/lportal/Liferay%20Portal/6.0.1/liferay-plugins-sdk-6.0.1.zip?use_mirror=cdnetworks-us-2