掲示板

Liferay 6.0 CE vs. EE licensing question

14年前 に William Chu によって更新されました。

Liferay 6.0 CE vs. EE licensing question

New Member 投稿: 15 参加年月日: 10/04/02 最新の投稿
Hi all,

I've tried my best to scour the net for more information on this and I haven't found my answer so I think it's safe to post it now.

I see references to an "open source commercial license" if one opts for the Liferay EE subscription. What exactly do they mean by "open source commercial license"? Can anyone with an EE subscription possibly shed some light on the difference between this license and the LGPL license that the CE is released under?

TIA,
Will
thumbnail
14年前 に Mika Koivisto によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay 6.0 CE vs. EE licensing question

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1519 参加年月日: 06/08/07 最新の投稿
EE has a commercial license but you get the source code also. So our shift to LGPL on CE does not affect EE at all since they have different licenses anyways.
14年前 に William Chu によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 15 参加年月日: 10/04/02 最新の投稿
Thanks Mika but I guess I was more curious as to what exactly is contained in the commercial license? Would I be able to package Liferay EE with my own modifications under the commercial license? I use the term "modifications" very loosely here as I don't know quite yet what sort of "modifications" I would do yet. I'm still in the evaluation phase and I have certain ideas I'd like to implement that I think would require me to incorporate a more robust Rules Engine and probably associate a loyalty/reward points attribute on a per user basis all of which I don't see quite present in Liferay 6.0. As I'm still trying to wrap my head around what "plugins", "hooks", etc. are in the Liferay world I'm not sure how I'd implement them and I realize that probably influences any answer to my previous questions. Anybody willing to venture a guess?

TIA,
Will
thumbnail
13年前 に Mika Koivisto によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1519 参加年月日: 06/08/07 最新の投稿
The simple answer is yes but the license might be different depending on the case. For instance if you want to repackage EE and sell it to some third party then it could be OEM type of license. You should contact sales. They will be able to tell you in more detail what does the license contain.