掲示板

Does Liferay Faces support develop OSGi plugins?

thumbnail
9年前 に Cảnh Minh Nguyễn によって更新されました。

Does Liferay Faces support develop OSGi plugins?

New Member 投稿: 11 参加年月日: 09/05/11 最新の投稿
Hi everyone,

My company want to move all portlet plugins to OSGi plugins. All my company portlet plugins use JSF 2.1 and primefaces.
I want to know if Liferay-faces support develop OSGi plugins or portlet plugins can call service from OSGi plugins.

Cảnh,
Thanks!
thumbnail
9年前 に Neil Griffin によって更新されました。

RE: Does Liferay Faces support develop OSGi plugins? (回答)

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2655 参加年月日: 05/07/27 最新の投稿
Hi Cảnh,

In a blog titled Places to hook into Liferay from OSGi, Liferay's Ray Augé wrote
Liferay 6.2 has experimental support for OSGi but there's not much in the way of integration points. You can certainly do some cool things, but it's not integrated to the point of making the developers life much simpler than before.

Also, the Liferay Plugin Management documentation states:
Liferay 6.2’s OSGi runtime is experimental and unsupported. It should be considered a technology preview at this time.

To get an understanding of Liferay 7.0 and OSGi, I recommend that you listen to Ray Augé and Miguel Pastor in Radio Liferay Episode 34. I also recommend watching Ray's dev.life session - The Future of Liferay dev with OSGi.

The Liferay Faces team is tracking Liferay 7.0 so that JSF portlets will be able to fully participate as OSGi portlets.

Kind Regards,

Neil
thumbnail
9年前 に Cảnh Minh Nguyễn によって更新されました。

RE: Does Liferay Faces support develop OSGi plugins?

New Member 投稿: 11 参加年月日: 09/05/11 最新の投稿
Hi Neil,

Thank you very much!

Cảnh