掲示板

WSRP 2.0 Support, Enterprise and/or Standard Edition

14年前 に mike webster によって更新されました。

WSRP 2.0 Support, Enterprise and/or Standard Edition

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 09/12/03 最新の投稿
Could someone clairfy which release(s) support WSRP? I get mixed documentation on the liferay website.

This FAQ states the Enterprise Edition only supports WSRP:
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/WSRP%20FAQ#section-WSRP+FAQ-WhatVersionsOfLiferaySupportWSRP

This Wikie states Full WSRP support for the Standard Edition:
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/5_2

Thanks in advanced.
thumbnail
14年前 に Jonas Yuan によって更新されました。

RE: WSRP 2.0 Support, Enterprise and/or Standard Edition

Liferay Master 投稿: 993 参加年月日: 07/04/27 最新の投稿
Hi Mike,

In 5.2 both CE and EE, you would find portlet WSRP from plugins branches.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
The Author of Liferay Books:
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
14年前 に mike webster によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 09/12/03 最新の投稿
So the WSRP FAQ @

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/WSRP+FAQ

is out of date?
thumbnail
14年前 に Michael C. Han によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 74 参加年月日: 07/06/13 最新の投稿
mike webster:
So the WSRP FAQ @

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/WSRP+FAQ

is out of date?

We rewrote WSRP in the 5.2 EE due to the discovery that the CE WSRP does not work well when deployed in WebLogic and Websphere. While 5.2 CE's WSRP does work to a certain extent, it has issues in WebLogic and Websphere (e.g. would not deploy, etc).

The WSRP in 5.2 EE is written to support WSRP 2.0 only with 1.0 support coming in a future EE release.
13年前 に neville g bradbury によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 08/10/29 最新の投稿
performance and tuning aspects of wsrp as a producer in liferay ee version. is there any information on what can be tuned for very large volumes of users and transactional portlets such as ecommerce
thumbnail
14年前 に Michael Young によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 846 参加年月日: 04/08/05 最新の投稿
Hi Mike,

Let me give a little history about WSRP support in the 5.1.x, 5.2.x releases. In earlier releases of 5.1 and 5.2 we had wsrp support from a wsrp plugin contributed by Sun Microsystems. The plugin worked well, but only when used with the Sun Portlet container. Any liferay out of the box portlets were not supported.

We realized that this was a large limitation, so we decided to reimplement WSRP natively in latter versions to support all portlets. It's this later version of the wsrp plugin that's currently available in EE because we needed to test it for the major app servers.
thumbnail
14年前 に Jonas Yuan によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 993 参加年月日: 07/04/27 最新の投稿
Hi Michael,

Thank you. Add +1.

Why not put latest WSRP portlet in plugins trunk or in plugins incubation? Thus the WSRP portlet would get well-tested in both EE and CE. Several clients asked details of WSRP portlet ...

By the way, the old version of WSRP portlet got deleted from plugins trunk.

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
The Author of Liferay Books:
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
14年前 に Dominick Perritano によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 09/12/15 最新の投稿
Thanks Michael. I work with Mike Webster. We are looking to move from Weblogic Portal 10.3 to Liferay. WSRP 1.0 and 2.0 support is critical to our decision. It is also critical that we have full WSRP support in the SE. Therefore, the follow on question to your comment is: "Once you are able to successfully test the WSRP plugin in the EE, do you plan on making it available in the SE and when?". Thanks.
13年前 に neville g bradbury によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 08/10/29 最新の投稿
Hi Michael,
I sent an email after chatting with the liferay person currently visiting australia. It is to do with wsrp 2.0 and using liferay as a producer. I would like to understand the way to tune as best as possible for very large usage , basically in the millions per day for a very large telco here in australia. At the moment , i cannot see any documentation on the best ways to tune and configure wsrp 2.0. I am looking at using an esb such as oracle to handle the endpoints of the wsdl services that will include ws-transactions as it is expected that Liferay producer will server ecommerce style transactions from many different services.
Neville Bradbury
OpenSoft