掲示板

Invite users to join communities

14年前 に Mouli K によって更新されました。

Invite users to join communities

Junior Member 投稿: 32 参加年月日: 09/06/10 最新の投稿
Hi,

Is there any portlet which helps community owner/admin to invite users to join the community? And a portlet to show invitations received by the user?
I don't think there is any portlet as part of liferay plugins. Have anyone developed such portlets?
Need your help!

Thanks.

RE: Invite users to join communities

Do someone have info on this?
thumbnail
14年前 に Wilson Man によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 581 参加年月日: 06/06/21 最新の投稿
i have not seen such a portlet myself.
thumbnail
14年前 に Juan Fernández によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1261 参加年月日: 08/10/02 最新の投稿
I think you need something like the Request portlet, which is invissible if there are no friend requests...
you can use it as something to start working with

Yeah. A small change in Requests portlet should display community requests instead of friends request.
But, I'm looking for the portlet which facilitates admin to invite many users. Invitation portlet may not help as it sends mails. Some portlet like "Search and Invite friends" should help, I suppose.

Is there a better solution ?
thumbnail
14年前 に Rishi Dev Gupta によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 255 参加年月日: 08/11/23 最新の投稿
There is invitation portlet that comes in default with liferay.
What i have done is i have limited its working onto community only.
Then i changed the default message that is sent as invitation to invitee, and added the link which will redirect user to community signup screen when clicked.
You can add any message as per your requirement and create the dynamic links accordingly/

Thanks for the response Rishi.
I think invitation portlet sends mail to the user when mail server is configured. Even if I limit it to communities, I want a web alert (like friend request portlet) to be sent to the corresponding users.

I don't have any pages for communities. Communities get created dynamically when a user submits a form from my custom developed portlet. The user will be redirected to a page where some portlet like "search and invite friends" should help search for users and invite to the community created instead of invitation to become friends..

Is this a feasible solution? Please let me know if there is any better and easier solution.

Thanks again.
12年前 に karthik N によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 106 参加年月日: 11/07/01 最新の投稿
Hi Rishi,
I also need similar requirement, can u help me in this?

Thanks in advance

Karthik