掲示板

Tagging with dates

14年前 に Tomasz Grysztar によって更新されました。

Tagging with dates

Junior Member 投稿: 29 参加年月日: 09/05/06 最新の投稿
Is it conceivable to use tags system in order to associate some date with each article? I'm thinking about it because I need each article of some certaint type to have some date displayed, which should be entered by the user who writes the content, and should not be related to the display properties of the content (like display date or expiration date). And the same time I need to be able to quickly get a list of articles for each date - just like if I was searching by some tag.
The problems I see with this are that the amount of tags would quickly grow, as the amount of different dates would gradually increase over time. Is a bad idea, and are there any other mechanism that would help me with this problem?
thumbnail
14年前 に Lisa Simpson によって更新されました。

RE: Tagging with dates

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2034 参加年月日: 09/03/05 最新の投稿
Have you considered using the Blog portlet for that... It dates everything.

But these dates are used as display dates. I'd like to make an independent date field, because sometimes the articles applying to future dates (even months or years in the future) would need to be displayed at present time.

I have just noticed, that TagsAsset has some attributes called StartDate and EndDate. Maybe this is something I could use for this purpose?
However I don't know how to set the up from the Liferay UI for a given journal article, and also TagsAssetLocalServiceUtil has no option to search for assets having those two dates in a given frame (it only has variants with PublishDate and ExpirationDate).
Does anybody have an experience with this?

I'm pretty sure that using those fields my solve my problem - I should be able to make a custom SQL query that would search for articles both based on tags and on the range of dates for the events that the articles apply to. The problem I'm stuck with, however, is that I still don't know if it's possible to extend the journal article portlet in such a way, that user would be able to enter those two dates (startDate and endDate) aswell. I'm able to modify the edit_article.jsp with a hook, but that's obviously not enough, since I have to put somewhere the code that will update the TagsAsset with the entered values.
I'd be grateful for any advice on how to do it.

I'm sorry I'm making some kind of blog out of this thread, but I just want to finish with letting know how I solved the problem.
I created a TagsAsset ModelListener, which before update of the TagsAsset check out whether the asset is related to journal article with some specific fields inside the structure, those fields define the start date and end date of event, which article is related to. Then the listener modifies the startDate and endDate fields in asset to contain the same dates, as entered into journal structure.
I am now able to read the list of articles related to events in a given date range with custom SQL query - I made a servlet that serves such articles in a way similar to get_articles action, so that it's possible to get such list from XSL or VM template.