掲示板

Blogs Draft visualization and preview

thumbnail
14年前 に Denis Signoretto によって更新されました。

Blogs Draft visualization and preview

Expert 投稿: 375 参加年月日: 09/04/21 最新の投稿
When you are writing a post in Blogs, after the drafts is saved it'd visibile to other users. It would be nice that drafts it's only visible to owner and if the owner can also has a preview button.
thumbnail
14年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

RE: Blogs Draft visualization and preview

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hi Denis,

Drafts are already only visible to owners. If that's not the case for you it may be a bug in your version. Have you searched in issues.liferay.com? What version are you using?
thumbnail

Hi Jorge,

we are using Liferay Standard Edition 5.2.3. I was facing the problem in our production environment so I tried reinstall Liferay form scratch and you are right by default only owners can view their drafts. I discovered that in our production environment the Community Member Role has the permission on action "view" for the resource "Blogs Entry" (whe need that all community members can view entries by default). If I remove the permission from the role drafts visible only to owners again but after publish a blog entry the community members can't view.

Is this a bug or we used the role permissions in a wrong manner? (see attached image)

So about the post the only new feature is a preview function (like wiki).

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail

Hi Denis,

You're right, if you give that permission they'll be able to see drafts too because although he doesn't have permission to see that specific entry there is a higher level permission to see all entries. I can see how this can be confusing but currently there is no easy solution for that other than not giving that permission (which doesn't probably add value anyway).
thumbnail

Hi Jeorge,

what we need is related to the improvement "Ability to configure DEFAULT public or private status for blog posts" that Lisa has recently collected in this page. What we want is avoid community members manage post/blog entry permissions (avoiding problems with user visibility).
Actually the only solution is to forcing the permission on the role... or is there another smart solution?

So we can define that issue not a bug but a new feature request?

Thanks,
D.
thumbnail

Hey Denis,

That's interesting. The current behavior is:
1) If you're creating the entry from a public page it's public by default
2) If you're creating the entry from a private page it's private by default
3) If you're creating it in the Control Panel and there are private pages then it's private by default.

What are the use cases you have for which these rules are not valid? Could we change the rules so that it automatically does what you need?
thumbnail

Hi Jeorge,

Your answer it's clarifying how blogs works.

Actually a Community user can decide the permissions of a post (even if he can't override the role permissions the permissions checks inside the post entry let him change the values both for community members and also public).
coming back to your question we vould like that all community members can post without taking care (or hiding) of permissions respecting a policy given by administrator for a blogs portlet.

I would like if I can have a default post policy in blogs configuration.

Bye,
Denis
thumbnail
14年前 に Lisa Simpson によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2034 参加年月日: 09/03/05 最新の投稿
I have to say that I agree with a large part of this. I think that the system should be as configurable as possible by the admin or omni-admin. I think that makes it as flexible as possible without forcing people to configure stuff they don't need.

I'm going to propose something...

• Administrator has the right to grant "manage blog" to User(s), Group(s), Community(ies) and/or Org(s)
  • "Manage blog" means the ability for the User to set published posts permissions which would override the admin-set defaults
  • Administrator has the right to grant "manage default blog permissions" to User(s), Group(s), Community(ies) and/or Org(s)
  • User could then manage their own default settings which would over-ride those set by the Admin
  • Administrator has ability to manage over all (User, Group, Community, Org or Instance) defaults
  • Drafts should be private to the User until they are ready to be published
  • There should be some optional mechanism for moderating/approving blog posts before they become public. Publishing in this scenario would involve the user who is writing the post clicking "Publish" and it being sent off for approval. This should not bypass any sort of post moderation that may be required.
thumbnail

Hi Denis, Lisa,

What you suggest has already been (partially) implemented. But, not through the UI, but through a configuration file. You can see the details in: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-3904

This will be possible in 5.3. It was also backported by our EE QA team, so if you have an EE subscription you'll also have access to it through the maintenance releases of 5.1 EE and 5.2 EE.
thumbnail

Hi Jeorge,

I agree with Lisa summary and your answer it's really interesting.
I'll be curious to try and see 5.3 capabilities.

Thanks,
D.
thumbnail
14年前 に Lisa Simpson によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2034 参加年月日: 09/03/05 最新の投稿