掲示板

deploying from ext to new tomcat intallation

thumbnail
14年前 に Ziggy . によって更新されました。

deploying from ext to new tomcat intallation

Expert 投稿: 293 参加年月日: 08/06/08 最新の投稿
Hi all,

Do i need to use the bundled tomcat version or install liferay on a new tomcat installation to be able to deploy from the ext environment?

I intstalled a new version of tomcat 6 (without liferay) yesterday and then set up the ext environment. When i then tried to run "ant clean deploy" it came up with errors similar to this (I ran the command from within the ext folder)

[javac] C:\Code\Liferay\portal\util-bridges\src\com\liferay\util\bridges\php\PHPPortlet.java:29: package com.liferay.util.servlet does not exist
[javac] import com.liferay.util.servlet.DynamicServletConfig;
[javac] ^
[javac] C:\Code\Liferay\portal\util-bridges\src\com\liferay\util\bridges\php\PHPPortlet.java:162: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : class DynamicServletConfig
[javac] location: class com.liferay.util.bridges.php.PHPPortlet
[javac] servletConfig = new DynamicServletConfig(servletConfig, params);
[javac] ^
[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 2 errors

BUILD FAILED
C:\Code\Liferay\portal\build.xml:311: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Code\Liferay\portal\util-bridges\build.xml:28: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

My directory structure is like this

c:\liferay 
c:\liferay\ext
c:\liferay\liferay-5.2.3.src
c:\liferay\apache-tomcat-6.0.20

I have configured all necessary files to match the above structure and the extension environment does get generated.

What causes this error?

Do i need to have liferay installed on the tomcat installation first before i deploy a new version into it? The Tomcat installation i was using was a clean tomcat installation i downloaded from teh apache site.
thumbnail
14年前 に Paul Bidault によって更新されました。

RE: deploying from ext to new tomcat intallation

New Member 投稿: 18 参加年月日: 09/07/29 最新の投稿
Hi,

I also deployed the ext environment with a new tomcat installation (6.0.20), and I have the same directory structure (with different names though). But I didn't encounter this error.

However, I had an other error when executing ant clean deploy, but I resolved it by getting the last JDK.
The error may be different but perhaps the cause is the same...

I suppose you edited the .properties files as you said.

What Java version are you using?