掲示板

Disable lucene Indexing

15年前 に Maulin Rathod によって更新されました。

Disable lucene Indexing

Junior Member 投稿: 61 参加年月日: 08/11/06 最新の投稿
As I understand lucene index is generated only for files contents, not for data in database. Please correct me if I am wrong.

We are not using any CMS related portlet where user can upload files.

Can we turn off lucene indexing by setting index.read.only=true in portal-ext.properties?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
thumbnail
15年前 に Victor Zorin によって更新されました。

RE: Disable lucene Indexing

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1228 参加年月日: 08/04/14 最新の投稿
lucene index is generated for uploaded document files and other data such as journal articles/web content, wiki, blogs, etc
If you do not use search, you can switch it off by making index.read.only=true
thumbnail
15年前 に Wilson Man によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 581 参加年月日: 06/06/21 最新の投稿
I think the User object is also indexed.
thumbnail

That's from 5.2. Wilson, does it mean that from 5.2. indexing must always be on?
thumbnail
15年前 に Wilson Man によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 581 参加年月日: 06/06/21 最新の投稿
I deleted my lucene indexes and turned off indexing on startup ... and when i got to control panel, no users are listed.

So i suppose it needs to be turned on ...
thumbnail

Well, well, well, that's quite a drastic shift. In previous versions lucene was not required, this is going to have an impact on how everyone does data synchronization/backup and disaster recovery. I understand, that Admin can always do re-indexing, but really that should not be the operational case.
And also I was not thinking that lucene is supposed to be used in 'find exact location' environments, only in approximately rated searches.

I suppose lucene on/off property in portal-ext is also obsolete from 5.2.
13年前 に Ashish Gupta によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 10/01/19 最新の投稿
So is there a way to compltely disable Lucene without imapcting users or any other functionality in the system, apart from maybe performance impact on searches ?

We are using 6.0.5 and noticing lucene related errors in a clustered environment.
11年前 に Juan Antonio Girón によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 15 参加年月日: 12/02/10 最新の投稿
Ashish Gupta:
So is there a way to compltely disable Lucene without imapcting users or any other functionality in the system, apart from maybe performance impact on searches ?

We are using 6.0.5 and noticing lucene related errors in a clustered environment.

Hi Ashish,
I'm using 6.0.5 and noticing lucene related errors too. Have you found a solution?
Can I completly disable Lucene without impacting any functionality?
thumbnail
13年前 に Mika Koivisto によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1519 参加年月日: 06/08/07 最新の投稿
By default we use search index for searching users but it can be turned of by setting following property in portal-ext.properties:
    #
    # Set this to true to search users from the index. Set this to false to
    # search users from the database. Note that setting this to false will
    # disable the ability to search users based on Expando attributes.
    #
    users.search.with.index=false

In general you should maintain working search index as there are other functionalities that require the use of search index. In many cases using Lucene or SOLR is much more performant than doing a complex DB query.