掲示板

How to add Roles or user to permissions in Document and Media Library.

10年前 に DINESH M KANDHASAMY によって更新されました。

How to add Roles or user to permissions in Document and Media Library.

Junior Member 投稿: 89 参加年月日: 13/05/18 最新の投稿
Hi All,

I like to add extra roles to the permissions in Document and Media Library upload section, given in the attached picture red marked area.

I also like to know can we add the user names to "Viewable by" Drop down. If yes, Please explain how to do the same.

Please guide me to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dinesh

添付ファイル:

thumbnail
10年前 に INTHIYAZ SHAIK によって更新されました。

RE: How to add Roles or user to permissions in Document and Media Library.

New Member 投稿: 22 参加年月日: 11/11/24 最新の投稿
Hi you can create a specific Role,and assign that specific role to the User.and give the permissions to that specific role as per your requirement.

Hi Inthiyaz Shaik,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have done that. My requirement is, to add the user name or role in the Viewable by Dropdown and the options like Guest and Site Member in the above picture.

Can you say any suggestions.

Regards,
Dinesh
thumbnail
10年前 に Ahmed Hasan によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 306 参加年月日: 07/04/13 最新の投稿
Hi Dinesh,

Unfortunately in Liferay we don't have user based permission as per the current permission algorithm. But we can have a work around where you define custom permission on various documents as per the user. Keeping this in the UI shown by you is not a good idea. Imagine if there are 1000 user's in the system, all of them can not be displayed in this list as shown by you in the image. So, you should take a better approach.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Author, Liferay Portlet Cookbook

Hi Ahmed Hasan,

Thanks for your advice.

I thought another approach by displaying the roles that the admin wants in the Dropdown.

By assigning that role to the user we can control of displaying the files to the users.

Is this is correct? Can we achieve it?

If so, Please guide me to do it.

"By the way thanks for your cook book. It's simply super."

Regards,
Dinesh
thumbnail
10年前 に Rahul Rabhadiya によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 57 参加年月日: 13/06/14 最新の投稿
Hi dinesh,

I don't know actually what you want to achieve but yes .. You can make hook and can do some changes according to your need .. In hook you can edit page "upload_multiple_file _entries_resource.jsp"(The page that you have shown in image) and the drop down box that you want edit is actually liferay-ui:permission tag. if you want to change it then you can find it at ROOT\html\taglib\ui -> input_permission.. I don't know whether it is possible or not .. but you need to see those pages .. if you want to make some change according to your need.. Thanks

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have checked as you recommend.

But when I changed the ui, it showing errors in the log, while i open that page.

I want to know how to edit the ui and how to create the hook for that upload_multiple_file _entries_resource.jsp

Can you suggest any method.

Regards,
Dinesh
thumbnail
10年前 に Rahul Rabhadiya によって更新されました。

RE: How to add Roles or user to permissions in Document and Media Library. (回答)

Junior Member 投稿: 57 参加年月日: 13/06/14 最新の投稿
You should not change it directly to jsp pages .. rather you need to use hook concept to change jsp pages and other things of OOTB portlets, & To make hook you need to see some examples available online. You will find lots of example available online. Hooks are easy & flexible in use.. Good luck..

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your advice.

Please be in touch.

Cheers,
Dinesh