掲示板

Liferay Dockbar disappeared after restart

thumbnail
10年前 に André Bräkling によって更新されました。

Liferay Dockbar disappeared after restart

Junior Member 投稿: 30 参加年月日: 13/07/08 最新の投稿
Hello everybody,

I hope this is just a configuration issue which can be solved in this subforum. If this is the wrong forum, please excuse me... I'm new to your community.

Back to topic: We are running a Liferay test environment (CE) with Social Office on a Ubuntu system. Everything worked fine, we deployed our portlets and themes, and at least we configured our system as well.

But after I restarted the system and logged in again, the dockbar does not show up again.

Now you'll ask for debugging information... but I can't figure out any problem. There are no JavaScript errors, which i.e. would show the bar is loaded but not displayed, there are no log file entries showing an exception, and the whole portal apart from the dockbar works fine.

I also can join the Control Panel by entering its URL. As against the portal itself the Control Panel looks like there is something missing at least:
<snipped by moderator>

Of course I also searched via Google, but I was not able to find an answer regarding my issue. In most cases developers try to hide the Dockbar, but I want to get in back emoticon

It would be great if anyone here is able to help me. If you need any additional information, just tell me.

Best regards
André
thumbnail
10年前 に srikanth velugoti によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay Dockbar disappeared after restart

Junior Member 投稿: 79 参加年月日: 09/04/24 最新の投稿
André Bräkling,

The javascript minifier creates a file in tomcat's temp folder named tomcat-6.0.32/temp/liferay/minifier/portal/html/js/barebone.jsp_Q_browserId=firefox&themeId=classic&colorSchemeId=01&minifierType=js&minifierBundleId=javascript.barebone.files&languageId=en_US&t=1298641054000

This file has a quite long filename that seems to exceed the allowed filename length (or character set, not sure on that) on encrypted filesystems as used on ubuntu. Due to this, the file is not saved to the temp folder and not delivered to the client. This means that there's no javascript in the dockbar, naturally this means that Liferay is not usable in this configuration.

The main problem (other than it not working) is that there's no log output, so there's no hint for the user to recognize the problem - it's only the symptom that's visible.
this is might be the reason for docbar not loading and javascript not loading .

Are you using the property javascript.barebone.files in portal-ext.properties ?
if yes ,
follow the steps below to create the javascript and AUI scripts

1) clean up temp folder (tomcat /temp )

2) Remove the property javascript.barebone.files from portal-ext.properties (tomcat-6.0.32\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes) file .

3) now start the server .

4) stop the server and again add the property javascript.barebore.files to portal-ext.properties.

5) start the server .

If No,
please check the permissions on tomcat folder .

HTH
srikanth velugoti
thumbnail

Hi Srikanth Velugoti,

thank you very much for your response!

Sadly your suggestions did not help emoticon

- Barebone is not enabled. (I even tried to enable it and follow your instructions, but it also didn't help.)
- Anyway I also tried to clear the temp directory and used all cleanup functionalities given in the Control Panel (Server Administration). No success...
- I also tried this: http://www.liferay.com/de/web/igor.spasic/blog/-/blogs/turn-off-minifiers-and-html-stripping
- At least I checked the permissions which seem to be fine. I also tried to run tomcat as root user, but this didn't change anything.

While testing around I observed one more strange effect: If a login with a collegues account, at least the dock bar's area and border are shown.
<snipped by moderator>

But everything else seems to be exactly the same.
thumbnail
10年前 に srikanth velugoti によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 79 参加年月日: 09/04/24 最新の投稿
André Bräkling

Give the full permissions to tomcat and sub-folders , like chmod 777 -R .
Clean the temp and Restart

HTH
Srikanth velugoti
thumbnail

Chmod'ed the whole tomcat directory to 777, deleted the temp directory and started Liferay again... Still no changes. I despair of this issue emoticon
thumbnail
10年前 に Carlos Capote によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 11/10/26 最新の投稿
André Bräkling:
Chmod'ed the whole tomcat directory to 777, deleted the temp directory and started Liferay again... Still no changes. I despair of this issue emoticon

Same issue here. This is the system I'm using:
  • Debian server (Squeeze)
  • MySQL (5.1.66)
  • Tomcat Bundle (7.0.27)

I've followed the same steps André did, but didn't success either.

Ideas are welcome.
thumbnail
10年前 に Dustin Kintanar によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay Dockbar disappeared after restart (回答)

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 13/02/06 最新の投稿
Hello all, we've encountered this issue a handful of times now and it is always on instances of Liferay that we have Social Office installed on, although its hard to say for sure that is causing it, it's a definite constant. Per another thread (I can't find the link right now...) we were able to fix this by doing the following. NOTE - this fix feels terribly wrong, but we haven't seen many, if any, side effects from using it:
  • Get a fresh folder of the Liferay bundle you are using
  • Copy the html folder from the $LIFERAY_HOME/$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/
  • Move it to the broken instance's ROOT folder, overwriting all files.

Once, it looked like the image uploading dialog from the WYSIWYG editor was messed up from this, but it doesn't seem like it's a consistent side effect. I really would like to find out what causes this issue, because it has come up a number of times for us now and as I mentioned, this solution is much more of a band-aid than an actual fix.
10年前 に Susmera joseph によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 14/03/23 最新の投稿
yeah...it worked.. emoticon
thumbnail
9年前 に samuel tian によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 12/06/14 最新の投稿
Had it suddenly this morning when I start my Liferay server.

liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2
tomcat-7.0.42
Windows 7
Mysql
JDK 1.8

Fixed by replacing all the content of ROOT.
9年前 に Priyanka M によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 7 参加年月日: 11/09/26 最新の投稿
Thanks for all the responses on this thread. Had the same issue and a restart while replacing files in the ROOT in between fixed it.
But then, what is the real issue here? Replacing files on a production server just for using a new theme is a big cost.

Regards, Priyanka.
thumbnail
9年前 に Kousik Kumar Das によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 7 参加年月日: 11/05/09 最新の投稿
Work around to resolve the ‘Dockbar disappearing issue with Liferay 6.2 CE/EE GA1/GA2/SP2 server’.

Issue:
Suddenly, dockbar (portlet id = 145) stops rendering onto the portal, whichever be the theme, classic or custom

Why:
Inside “~\tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\ROOT\html\portlet\dockbar” folder in Liferay 6.2 server we have 16 + 1 files in total for dockbar portlet functionality and/or rendering purpose and after couple of server reboot, portal delete the file 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' since there was no separate hook project have been deployed/registered to change or override the 'view_user_account.jspf' to 'view_user_account.portal.jspf', hence server is deleting the 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' file and dockbar is disappearing.

FYI:
Both 'view_user_account.jspf' and 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' is required to render dockbar in Liferay 6.2. In fact here the notification-portlet works as a hook and the 'view_user_account.jspf' file is overridden to show the notifications count at dockbar and on deploy of notifications portlet 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' file created and is included/referred/pointed in 'view_user_account.jspf'. Check the 'liferay-hook.xml' inside 'notifications-portlet\WEB-INF'.

Solution:
Add/place the original 'view_user_account.jspf' file (extract the same from the portal zip) each time inside the 'dockbar' folder from the back-end and on next refresh Dockbar will appear onto the portal. OR include the 'view_user_account.jspf' in one of your hook project.

Thanks !!!
9年前 に james landro によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 14/03/24 最新の投稿
Many thanks Kousik!

This nasty bug has been plaguing me for a couple weeks now and could not figure out why the dockbar was disappearing on a simple restart.

Do you know if this has a Jira ticket?
thumbnail
9年前 に M J によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 184 参加年月日: 13/03/01 最新の投稿
@Kousik Kumar Das

Solution:
Add/place the original 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' file (extract the same from the portal zip) each time inside the 'dockbar' folder from the back-end and on next refresh Dockbar will appear onto the portal. OR include the 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' in one of your hook project.

I cannot find 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' in original zip file. I am using the 6.2 CE version. Can you attach this file here?

Thanks.
9年前 に chepkoech carol によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 14/09/17 最新の投稿
You saved me!
thumbnail
9年前 に Aditya Bhardwaj によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 78 参加年月日: 15/01/08 最新の投稿
Hi,

I cannot find 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' in original zip file. I am using the 6.2 EE version. But i extract original zip of my tomcat and then copy all 16 files from dockbar (liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp8\tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\ROOT\html\portlet\dockbar) and paste to my workspace tomcat in same folder and than restart server. This work for me emoticon
thumbnail
8年前 に Fil Giu によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 48 参加年月日: 13/11/20 最新の投稿
Is there an opened issue on issues.liferay.com?
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Ugh. This is not a bug, it is a problem in how you upgraded your environment.

view_user_account.portal.jspf is created when you start a new bundle and the notifications portlet/hook is applied. The hook from notifications is the part that adds the nice number in the dock bar showing how many tasks have been assigned to you.

But if you just copy JSP pages or something during a weird or non-standard upgrade you'll get messages like this. They are not Liferay bugs, they are bugs in how you did whatever you did.
thumbnail
8年前 に Henrique Andrade によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 9 参加年月日: 13/07/18 最新の投稿
Hi,

I'm installing Liferay 6.2 EE SP10 (bundle with Tomcat) in a new server CentOS 6.6, and having exactly same issue without hooks or upgrading, it's a clean bundle server... no portlets, no hooks, no theme, no layout-tpl, no ext, no extra plugins...!

18:27:03,465 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-9][render_portlet_jsp:132] null
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /html/portlet/dockbar/view.jsp (line: 223, column: 2) /html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_panel.jspf (line: 32, column: 2) /html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_account.jspf (line: 32, column: 1) File "/html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_account.portal.jspf" not found
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:42)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:443)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:89)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.processIncludeDirective(Parser.java:324)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseIncludeDirective(Parser.java:357)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:467)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseFileDirectives(Parser.java:1779)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:135)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:242)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parseDirectives(ParserController.java:119)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:193)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:373)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:353)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:340)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:646)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:357)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

18:27:03,468 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-9][IncludeTag:129] Current URL /group/control_panel?refererPlid=20176&amp;p_p_id=137&amp;controlPanelCategory=configuration&amp;doAsGroupId=20195 generates exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.dockbar.view_jsp
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.html.portlet.dockbar.view_jsp
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:132)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader.loadClass(JasperLoader.java:63)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:143)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:172)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:369)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:116)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:749)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:605)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:544)

Files on server:
add_application.jsp
add_content.jsp
add_content_redirect.jsp
add_panel.jsp
edit_layout_panel.jsp
init-ext.jsp
init.jsp
preview_panel.jsp
view_admin_links.jspf
view_category.jsp
view.jsp
view_my_sites.jspf
view_page_customization_bar.jspf
view_resources.jsp
view_user_account.jspf
view_user_panel.jspf
8年前 に Carter Chen によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 15/03/25 最新の投稿
For everyone asking where is view_user_account.portal.jspf.
view_user_account.portal.jspf is off course not in the origin zip, as it's generated on the fly when you override view_user_account.jspf. Liferay will add a suffix ".portal" in it's origin file. So the solution here is simply copy the source code from view_user_account.jspf to the generated view_user_account.portal.jspf page.
thumbnail
9年前 に Abhed Dekavadiya によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 74 参加年月日: 10/10/05 最新の投稿
Hello Kousik,

Thanks for pointing out the detailed analysis. The cause of the problem is indeed the notification-portlet. Actually I was facing some error logs in my console regularly for missing "view_user_account.portal.jspf".

13:15:39,413 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-217][PortletRequestDispatcherImpl:131] org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /html/portlet/dockbar/view.jsp (line: 220, column: 2) /html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_panel.jspf (line: 32, column: 2) /html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_account.jspf (line: 32, column: 1) File "/html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_account.portal.jspf" not found
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /html/portlet/dockbar/view.jsp (line: 220, column: 2) /html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_panel.jspf (line: 32, column: 2) /html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_account.jspf (line: 32, column: 1) File "/html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_account.portal.jspf" not found
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:42)

With further investigation, I found that in notification-portlet, they had overridden the "view_user_account.jspf" file through a hook. And in that file they have included the "view_user_account.portal.jspf" file.

&lt;%@ include file="/html/portlet/dockbar/view_user_account.portal.jspf" %&gt;

Now, this is stupid ! Here they are relying on a file, which is not added by them but auto-generated (after renaming the main file) through the Deployment process of the hook. This is not a good coding practice at all.

But some how the .portal.jspf file was randomly being deleted and I was seeing those errors in my console. I don't have time to analyze the cause of why it happens as notification-portlet is there and should be deployed on each restart. As of now, we don't need notifications, so I have simply deleted the notification-portlet from webapps.

regards,
Abhed
thumbnail
9年前 に Ahamed Sakir によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 129 参加年月日: 08/08/22 最新の投稿
Thanks kousik for detailed solution......
thumbnail
8年前 に Ravi Darji によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 56 参加年月日: 14/05/14 最新の投稿
Kousik Kumar Das:
Work around to resolve the ‘Dockbar disappearing issue with Liferay 6.2 CE/EE GA1/GA2/SP2 server’.

Issue:
Suddenly, dockbar (portlet id = 145) stops rendering onto the portal, whichever be the theme, classic or custom

Why:
Inside “~\tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\ROOT\html\portlet\dockbar” folder in Liferay 6.2 server we have 16 + 1 files in total for dockbar portlet functionality and/or rendering purpose and after couple of server reboot, portal delete the file 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' since there was no separate hook project have been deployed/registered to change or override the 'view_user_account.jspf' to 'view_user_account.portal.jspf', hence server is deleting the 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' file and dockbar is disappearing.

FYI:
Both 'view_user_account.jspf' and 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' is required to render dockbar in Liferay 6.2. In fact here the notification-portlet works as a hook and the 'view_user_account.jspf' file is overridden to show the notifications count at dockbar and on deploy of notifications portlet 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' file created and is included/referred/pointed in 'view_user_account.jspf'. Check the 'liferay-hook.xml' inside 'notifications-portlet\WEB-INF'.

Solution:
Add/place the original 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' file (extract the same from the portal zip) each time inside the 'dockbar' folder from the back-end and on next refresh Dockbar will appear onto the portal. OR include the 'view_user_account.portal.jspf' in one of your hook project.

Thanks !!!

Is there any Permanent solution Kausik?

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Darji
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Yes there's a permanent solution - Don't do whatever you're doing that is trampling on the file(s).

If you follow Liferay's process for creating, deploying and undeploying hooks this kind of thing should not occur.

If you "roll your own" process and find yourself manually tampering with files, redeploying the portal, custom-building/deploying, ... Well then you're the problem, not Liferay.
9年前 に siddhant jain によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 69 参加年月日: 13/03/19 最新の投稿
Dustin Kintanar:
Hello all, we've encountered this issue a handful of times now and it is always on instances of Liferay that we have Social Office installed on, although its hard to say for sure that is causing it, it's a definite constant. Per another thread (I can't find the link right now...) we were able to fix this by doing the following. NOTE - this fix feels terribly wrong, but we haven't seen many, if any, side effects from using it:
  • Get a fresh folder of the Liferay bundle you are using
  • Copy the html folder from the $LIFERAY_HOME/$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT/
  • Move it to the broken instance's ROOT folder, overwriting all files.

Once, it looked like the image uploading dialog from the WYSIWYG editor was messed up from this, but it doesn't seem like it's a consistent side effect. I really would like to find out what causes this issue, because it has come up a number of times for us now and as I mentioned, this solution is much more of a band-aid than an actual fix.

every time I encounter this issue, this is just what I do.
thumbnail
9年前 に Madhura Shetty によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 80 参加年月日: 13/11/07 最新の投稿
Thank you very much I followed the same steps and it worked for me!!!!!! emoticon emoticon emoticon
thumbnail
9年前 に Paco Alías によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 32 参加年月日: 11/12/18 最新の投稿
This is what happened to me:
In Liferay portal 6.1 CE GA 2 the "admin" portlet dissappeared suddenly. emoticon It was working fine for months and one day, after restart, it was gone!
In Liferay portal 6.2 CE GA 2 it was the "dockbar" portlet which disappeared. emoticon

Maybe this is caused by an OutOfMemory error. Can anybody give a hint on this?
thumbnail
9年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Hola Paco emoticon

Paco Alías:
In Liferay portal 6.1 CE GA 2 the "admin" portlet dissappeared suddenly. emoticon It was working fine for months and one day, after restart, it was gone!
In Liferay portal 6.2 CE GA 2 it was the "dockbar" portlet which disappeared. emoticon

Did you restart your server using "kill" or was it a "soft" restart?
thumbnail

Juan Gonzalez:
Hola Paco emoticon

Paco Alías:

Did you restart your server using "kill" or was it a "soft" restart?

Kill -9 of course
thumbnail
9年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Paco Alías:

Kill -9 of course

Of course? emoticon

That isn't a good practice for stopping servers. In this case, Liferay can't restore the original files overriden by hooks (Social Office in this case), that's why the dockbar was wrong.

So, just restore the original Liferay jsp files (as told before in this thread). For avoiding this, server should be shutdown gracefully.
thumbnail

Juan Gonzalez:
Paco Alías:

Kill -9 of course

Of course? emoticon

That isn't a good practice for stopping servers. In this case, Liferay can't restore the original files overriden by hooks (Social Office in this case), that's why the dockbar was wrong.

So, just restore the original Liferay jsp files (as told before in this thread). For avoiding this, server should be shutdown gracefully.

While I recognize that its cool to shot a process, I know that's not a good idea to kill them using -9 SIGNAL but, what else can I do when an OutOfMemory error happens?

Specially in Liferay 6.2 CE tomcat bundle it's quite easy to fall in this kind of error. Maybe the bundle configuration (setenv.sh) must consider to increase the amount of memory for the VM.

Thanks for your response ;-)