掲示板

Creating Community Admin Roles

16年前 に Gary Murray によって更新されました。

Creating Community Admin Roles

New Member 投稿: 18 参加年月日: 07/10/17 最新の投稿
Hi all,

In a current project we have several communities that a created from a specific template, of which contain portlet such as the journal portlet. What we want to do it for each community we need to give permissions to certain people that can create, edit manage articles and the other user have fewer permissions.

I have tried several way, such as creating a new Rol of type "Portal" called "Community Admin", then assigning permissions and users (the chosen community admins) to the role. At the end I make some many changes, such as changes to the portlet permissions etc, that I aint sure what has worked.

Can anyone please tell what is the best way to manage this type of functionality, with very little overhead? Overall my aim it to have communtiy admins that can manage content and user for this specific communities, and also the basic users should only have guest permissions and see the content of their community's.

Any help would be gratefully apreciated to see if my plan of thought is correct.

Thanks

liferay 4.2.0
thumbnail
16年前 に Matte Black によって更新されました。

RE: Creating Community Admin Roles

Junior Member 投稿: 79 参加年月日: 07/10/23 最新の投稿
Funny, we're at the same point. I need this answer too.

I just wrote about this elsewhere. The pressing need for simple "Getting started" guide could help answer all these "typical setups" questions about community organization and basic collaborative permissions, in a simple, step-by-step guide. The system installs with 191 fake users, but there are no groups, roles, or anything that makes these dummmies particularly useful. At least, not that I could see. If there were a few applications with dummy groups and rules, everything would be easier.
Context help would be a nice addition too emoticon
16年前 に Gary Murray によって更新されました。

RE: Creating Community Admin Roles

New Member 投稿: 18 参加年月日: 07/10/17 最新の投稿
HI Matte

I did come across some documentation that aided my work, slighty, depending on the version of liferay your using.

It seems that LR 4.3.3 has defined roles called Community Admin, Community Member and Communnity Owner which I assigned to specific users in the communitys that need special previlages.

If these are not defined in your system this document should help explain the changes that need to be made to the database etc. http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Community_Roles. The following further explains the new community roles
http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/How_to_Use_Community_Roles. Hope this helps mate.

Gary