掲示板

Server definition in IDE when Liferay as a J2EE application ?

11年前 に Guillaume PATRY によって更新されました。

Server definition in IDE when Liferay as a J2EE application ?

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 13/03/02 最新の投稿
i'm trying to set up a small dev system to perform some tests with liferay

I've deployed Liferay as a J2EE application inside a tomcat 7 server, as described in the doc. The portal is working OK.
i've added the Liferay IDE in Eclipse Indigo to create some portlet.

however, when i'm trying to create a server, i can't seem to give the correct directory for the asked liferay tomcat directory.
if i give the tomcat directory, I get a "Portal server not supported. Expecting Liferay Portal" message
if i give the liferay J2EE application directory I get the " Unknown version of Tomcat was specified." message.

Is there a documentation on the way to set up this kind of configuration ?

regards
Guillaume PATRY
thumbnail
11年前 に Gregory Amerson によって更新されました。

RE: Server definition in IDE when Liferay as a J2EE application ?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1123 参加年月日: 10/02/16 最新の投稿
Guillaume PATRY:
i'm trying to set up a small dev system to perform some tests with liferay

I've deployed Liferay as a J2EE application inside a tomcat 7 server, as described in the doc. The portal is working OK.
i've added the Liferay IDE in Eclipse Indigo to create some portlet.

however, when i'm trying to create a server, i can't seem to give the correct directory for the asked liferay tomcat directory.
if i give the tomcat directory, I get a "Portal server not supported. Expecting Liferay Portal" message
if i give the liferay J2EE application directory I get the " Unknown version of Tomcat was specified." message.

Is there a documentation on the way to set up this kind of configuration ?

regards
Guillaume PATRY

Hello Guillaume,

The Liferay Portal Tomcat server adapters only work either official portal bundles available on liferay.com for download or if you have configured your own tomcat directly, Liferay IDE needs to be able to read the context path from the ROOT.xml file for the portal. However, if you have Liferay running as a j2ee webapp in tomcat and it isn't configured as root via ROOT.xml in conf/localhost/Catalina, then Liferay IDE will not be able to recognize it.
11年前 に Guillaume PATRY によって更新されました。

RE: Server definition in IDE when Liferay as a J2EE application ?

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 13/03/02 最新の投稿
Hello gregory

thanks for the answer.

as suggested, i've downloaded an installed the bundle.
I know its a low priority, but couldn't the wizard ask for the xml file to get the context ?

I'm currently developping a POC for a SAP application with front end in
  • SAP Portal
  • Stand alone Vaadin web application
  • a set of portlet in liferay portal
and having the 3 portal open at the same time is nearly as bad as having to start each one after stopping the previous one :/

however, thanks again
Guillaume PATRY