掲示板

"tagged content" portlet

thumbnail
16年前 に Dennis Frese によって更新されました。

"tagged content" portlet

Regular Member 投稿: 222 参加年月日: 07/04/30 最新の投稿
Hi @ll,

in Liferay 4.3 there was a porlet labeled "tagged content" which display at a glance all the content that I was interested in (configurable via "my global tags" or "my community tags" portlet. That seems to have gone with 4.3.3, at least I can't find it anymore...

Does anybody have an idea what's the status with that portlet? My global tags and My Community tags portlets are still there.

Many thanks,
Dennis
16年前 に Parvis Mohadjer によって更新されました。

RE:

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 07/10/22 最新の投稿
It seems that it has been renamed to "Asset Publisher".
thumbnail

RE: RE:

Hi Parvis,

no, that's unfortunately not what I meant.
The portlet I was talking about was just displaying content, all at a glance, that other people added recently (either blog, message board or whatever other portlet/content that allowed tagging).

The portlet you pointed to does not display previously tagged content -at least not that I have seen it so far- but allows to create additional content (which I may then tag again); that's different.

Any more suggestions as to where this portlet may have gone?

/Dennis
16年前 に Parvis Mohadjer によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 07/10/22 最新の投稿
As far as I see you have to change to the configuration mode and define the tags used for querying the assets. After this is done it should display all assets according to the tags defined in the configuration.
Hope this helps.
thumbnail

Yeah, okay. I see what you mean. However, that's not really what I was looking for since by using this portlet I, as an administrator, configure stuff for all my users. The "my global tags" allows users (not administrator) to sign up for content that they are interested in (on per-user level). The "tagged content display" portlet then took these specified tags (again: per user) to display the appropriate content.

And that's what I'm now looking for again in Liferay v4.3.3.

Any more ideas?!

Thanks in advance,
Dennis
thumbnail
16年前 に Bryan Cheung によって更新されました。

Tagged Content Portlet was renamed Asset Publisher

Expert 投稿: 373 参加年月日: 04/08/27 最新の投稿
Hi Dennis,

We did in fact rename Tagged Content Portlet to Asset Publisher. The idea here is that Asset Publisher will be a generic front end to several content types and sources. We're moving toward defining common meta-data for all content and using that meta-data for various "views," some of which the Asset Publisher now provides under the "Display Settings" tab.

To get the basic functionality of the old Tagged Content Portlet, configure the Asset Publisher to have "Dynamic" Asset Selection. Select by Tags Category should be "none." Then choose the tags you want for the content to be displayed.

Regarding the Add Content menu, one of the use cases for this portlet is for admins to be able to add new content directly from the portlet. Rather than go over to a separate admin area, one can add a new Bookmark, Journal Article, or whatever else directly from the place where the Asset Publisher is deployed.

This is more useful for a case where this portlet is used for dynamic publishing than perhaps the way you are using it.

Let me know if you have more questions about this.
thumbnail

RE: Tagged Content Portlet was renamed Asset Publisher

Hi Bryan,

thanks for that information. I fully agree this portlet is simplyfying an administrator's life, so that's good emoticon
However, it's -from my point of view- not a replacement for the old portlet (or I didn't fully get all the new functionality).
Again, what I was looking for was the good workflow between the "My global tags" portlet, that allowed each user to personalize sort of a watch-list, and the portlet in question, that displayed exactly the configured content, again per user.

A sample: I am interested in all content that's marked "Admin stuff". Whenever I log in I've got the "Display tagged content"-portlet on my startpage, thus I see all recently created content that has been tagged admin, no matter wether it was an entry in the blog, a wiki node, a message board thread or whatever. I simply did not have to worry about that.

My colleague however was able to configure "sales" for himself, so whenever he logged in he saw all sales-related stuff at a glance.

And the most important fact: The admin simply didn't have to care. It's all up to the users.

If you're saying that's all still possible with the new Assett-portlet then that's all fine. In that case I'd simply like to get a few more hints on how to do that. emoticon

If that's not the case I'd like to get some thoughts of you regarding my use-case, as I really think that was a handy feature.

Many thanks again,
Dennis
thumbnail

I see. So would it be correct to say that what you want is to use one portlet, which is configurable by end users to retrieve different tag values? I didn't know that was possible in the old portlet, actually.

One thing you can try is to use the "compiler tags," which are tags entered on the url.

If your Liferay page is on localhost:8080/web/guest/hello, try typing in

localhost:8080/web/guest/hello/tags/admin

or

localhost:8080/web/guest/hello/tags/sales

Of course you need those tags to exist in the system and to have content that exists with those tag values.

The original purpose of this was to let users navigate to different urls. They would all point to the same portal page, but show different content depending on what tag was placed in the url.
thumbnail

Hi Bryan,

I gave it a try on the page that holds the blog portlet. I have various blog entries, tagged with either "internal" or "admin". When I browse to http://localhost/group/mygroup/blog/tags/admin I still see all entries :-(

Even if it was working it's not doing what the old portlet did, as it was consolidating content from various portlets in just this one other portlet, you see what I mean?

As this portlet seemed to worked fine up until v4.3.2 I can't see why it has been removed to be quite honest :-/

Since I still have my 4.3.2 installation and the DB-schema oviously hasn't chagend I was wondering if there's an easy way to extract the portlet in 4.3.2 and deploy it in 4.3.3 (would that be okay or that not supported/advised not to be done)?

cheers,
Dennis

PS: I thought 4.3.3. was a pure maintenance release without adding new features/removin old features. Is there a sort of release notes around?
thumbnail

Hi Dennis,

It's actually the same portlet, to be honest. It was just renamed and evolved to include more features. If you find that's it's not behaving correctly in a specific scenario, it might be a new bug that was introduced since the old version.

This portlet should still be able to consolidate content from all other portlets. I have it working in a current client installation.

Without seeing your environment it's hard to investigate further. Perhaps you can make it publicly available somewhere?
thumbnail

Hi Dennis,

I think I know what happened.

The compiler tags entries only affects the Asset Publisher portlet. So, I'm assuming your page has a Blogs portlet on it, yes?

You have to add an Asset Publisher portlet. Then try the two different URLs and see if they pull back the right blogs entries.
thumbnail

Hi Bryan,

thanks for all your replies on that, but unfortunately that's still not what I was looking for :-(

Let me try to explain it once more:

I have got a page http://localhost/group/mygroup/blog where all employees can blog their messages and tag the content with the tags that I have previously defined. The "Asset publisher" is not an option as I cannot subscribe to feeds etc., so a lot of features that exist in the native porlets (e.g. blog and message board) that I urgently need seem to be missing in the asset publisher.

I have got a second page http://localhost/group/mygroup/boards where staff can have discussions about various things, again tagged with the previously defined tags.

I have got a third page http://localhost/group/mygroup/news where the portlet in question is located. This portlet now shows per user what happened recently in the blog as well as in the message board, so user A, being interested in "admin stuff", sees blog entry # 1,3 and 5 as well as Message Board Thread 1,3 and 5 whereas user B, being interested in "sales" sees blog entry # 2,4 and 6 as well as Message Board Thread 2,4 and 6, got that?

I'm not sure if it's now clear what I'm looking for. Unfortunately I cannot make this page public at the moment, as this is an internal installation (no DMZ, etc.)

I can provide you with screenshots of the old (4.3.2) and the new version (4.3.3) of Liferay it you think that it clarifies things. Pls. provide me with an appropriate mail-address.

Thanks for helping,
Dennis
thumbnail
16年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hi Dennis,

I'm one of the developers that have been working lately with the Tagged Content portlet, and I can tell that no functionality has been dropped. Maybe the screenshots, could be useful to understand the functionality you are missing. Could you post them as attachments to this thread?
thumbnail

Hey Dennis,

Bryan forwarded me the document that you've sent me. I understand now the functionality that you are looking for, but that should be working so there might be a bug.

If you look at the /html/portlet/tagged_content/view.jsp JSP you'll find the following logic which takes care of it:

if (themeDisplay.isSignedIn()) {

// Merge my global tags

PortalPreferences myGlobalPrefs = PortletPreferencesFactoryUtil.getPortalPreferences(request);

String[] myGlobalEntries = myGlobalPrefs.getValues(PortletKeys.MY_GLOBAL_TAGS, "entries", new String[0]);

if ((myGlobalEntries != null) && (myGlobalEntries.length > 0)) {
		String[] newEntries = ArrayUtil.append(entries, myGlobalEntries);

entries = newEntries;
	}

// Merge my community tags

PortletPreferences myCommunityPrefs = PortletPreferencesFactoryUtil.getPortletPreferences(request, PortletKeys.MY_COMMUNITY_TAGS);

String[] myCommunityEntries = myCommunityPrefs.getValues("entries", new String[0]);

if ((myCommunityEntries != null) && (myCommunityEntries.length > 0)) {
		String[] newEntries = ArrayUtil.append(entries, myCommunityEntries);

entries = newEntries;
	}
}

Could you do some debugging to find out if the problem is here or just that the global or community tags are not being retrieved?

Thanx,
Jorge
thumbnail

Hi Jorge,

since I'm not a developer but an administrator all that code doesn't mean too much to me, so unfortunately I won't be of much help with that.

/Dennis
thumbnail

Hi Dennis,

I've just had some time to test it out myself and... it worked! Here is what I've done:

1) Created a new community called Personalization Test with the default admin user (test@liferay.com)
2) Added 3 portlets: "My Global Tags", "My Community Tags", "Asset Publisher"
3) Add several assets of different types using the Asset Publisher and assigning them several tags (good, cool, etc)
4) Configured the preferences of "My Global Tags" to add the tag 'cool' and of "My Community Tags" to add the tag 'good'
5) The appropriate assets now appear in "Asset Publisher"

Are you doing something different?
thumbnail

Hi Jorge,

yes, I've done something different. In Liferay 4.3.2 I achieved the same functionality by using the blog (and almost sure the message board) portlet. So independent portlets with a good display of the content each. Now it seems I need to use the asset pusblisher which is doing different from my point of view, and everybody keeps telling me that nothing has changed :-)

So if that's the case I should still be able to use the blog portlet, write some stuff, tag this thread, and see the content in the "my global tags" portlet, given that the configuration is okay.

Please take a closer look at the screenshots I provided to Bryan, hopefully that clarifies things.

Thanks again,
Dennis
thumbnail

Hi Dennis,

Ok, I've only been talking about the Asset Publisher so far, because it's the only portlet that had this functionality as far as I knew.

In fact, surprised by your statement, I went ahead and downloaded the 4.3.2 version, tested it and reviewed the code and ....no sign of the functionality you described in the message boards. Sorry.

It would actually be a cool feature, although I think that it should be only applied when the user explicitly requests to filter by his tags.