掲示板

Is Social Office more or less than Liferay Portal (CE/EE)?

11年前 に Jonathan Hayward によって更新されました。

Is Social Office more or less than Liferay Portal (CE/EE)?

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 12/12/20 最新の投稿
I have seen advertising which looks like Social Office is an optional add-in that can be installed in Liferay Portal.

I thought I had seen stuff in documentation saying that Social Office is a narrowed-down version of Liferay Portal.

These two positions taken together suggest that I don't have a complete picture.

Is Social Office less than, or more than, Liferay Portal? Is it a configured site while Liferay is more of a blank canvas?

Can Social Office be usefully added to an already-working portal?

Thanks,
Jonathan
thumbnail
11年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Is Social Office more or less than Liferay Portal (CE/EE)? (回答)

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Jonathan Hayward:
I have seen advertising which looks like Social Office is an optional add-in that can be installed in Liferay Portal.

Yes it is.

I thought I had seen stuff in documentation saying that Social Office is a narrowed-down version of Liferay Portal.

Yes it is.

These two positions taken together suggest that I don't have a complete picture.

Correct.

Is Social Office less than, or more than, Liferay Portal? Is it a configured site while Liferay is more of a blank canvas?

Can Social Office be usefully added to an already-working portal?

Social office is more or less a set of extra plugins that you can add to Liferay to add social features. Yes you can use a standalone instance that is basically a 'clean' liferay w/ SO installed and nothing more, but you can also add SO to your existing site and take advantage of SO features in your current portal and even in your custom plugins.
thumbnail
11年前 に Vicki Lea Tsang によって更新されました。

RE: Is Social Office more or less than Liferay Portal (CE/EE)?

Junior Member 投稿: 49 参加年月日: 11/04/18 最新の投稿

Social Office 1.5b was a stand-alone OOTB solution bundled with a narrowed-down version of Liferay Portal. With 2.0 we broke out Social Office into a set of plugins that can be used on top of new or existing instances of portal, as David said, to leverage all the available functionality of portal.

Hope this clarifies.
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

RE: Is Social Office more or less than Liferay Portal (CE/EE)?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
To make it more clear, there's now SO plugin (Social Office plugin) and Social Networking plugin available in liferay's Marketplace. Users' may deploy these plugins in on to Liferay 6.1.1 or above.
SO plugin is a set of theme, hook, and portlets. Theme and portlets adds functionality to the liferay portal, but a hook will modify it. As a regular user, installing the plugin may "seems" like it's limiting some capabilities and it really isn't. For instance, it's possible to change the login back to the ordinary liferay login and change the theme to liferay's default "classic" theme.