掲示板

Provide the Access to few pages under Manage Pages section to a User group

11年前 に Ram A によって更新されました。

Provide the Access to few pages under Manage Pages section to a User group

Junior Member 投稿: 76 参加年月日: 13/01/16 最新の投稿
Hi,
I am new to Liferay.
I have to provide the access to few pages under Manage pages section for maaintenance to a perticular user group only.
for example i have a pages A,B,C under manage pages .

A has sub pages A1,A2,A3.
B has sub pages B1,B2.
C has subpages C1,c2,C3.

i need to provide a rights to a perticular user group say ' Bpage editor' to page B and its child pages B1,B2 only.

Can anyone please help me to do this.

Thanks in advance
Ram A
thumbnail
11年前 に Raja Seth によって更新されました。

RE: Provide the Access to few pages under Manage Pages section to a User gr

Regular Member 投稿: 233 参加年月日: 11/08/18 最新の投稿
Hi Ram,

You could create roles according to your requirement and assign user group as a member of role(s). So when you click on manage pages -> permissions you will see different permissions for that role. This will solve your purpose.

Regards,
Raja

Raja Seth:
Hi Ram,

You could create roles according to your requirement and assign user group as a member of role(s). So when you click on manage pages -> permissions you will see different permissions for that role. This will solve your purpose.

Regards,
Raja

Thanks Raja for reply.

You mean to create a Role for managing all the pages under "Manage Pages" section right.
But i need to provide maintenance rights to few pages only for a perticular group.

Suppose i have 3 pages page1,page2,page3 under Manage Pages.
page1 has child pages pag11,page12,page13.
page2 has child pages page21,page22,page23,page24.
page3 has child pages page31,page32,etc.,

Suppose i created a user group "page3editor" , the members in that group can create ,edit and delete the pages under page3 only.
They should not have rights to access other pages except page3 and its child pages under "Manage Page" section.

I hope you understand this.

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks in advance
Ram A
thumbnail
11年前 に Raja Seth によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 233 参加年月日: 11/08/18 最新の投稿
Hi Ram,

Say for example you have 3 pages(page1, page2 and page3). As per your requirement you have created 3 user-groups(page1editor, page2editor and page3editor).

Now, login with admin role and create 3 roles as (PAGE1_Editor, PAGE2_Editor and PAGE3_Editor) and assign the user-groups as their members respectively.

So under "Manage Page" section(say you are on page1) when you click on "Permissions" button for page1, you will see the three roles displaying. Here you could define the permission for role "PAGE1_Editor".

So when you login with the user of "page1editor" user-group, the user can create ,edit and delete the pages under page1 only.

Hope this would help you.

Regards,
Raja

Raja Seth:
Hi Ram,

Say for example you have 3 pages(page1, page2 and page3). As per your requirement you have created 3 user-groups(page1editor, page2editor and page3editor).

Now, login with admin role and create 3 roles as (PAGE1_Editor, PAGE2_Editor and PAGE3_Editor) and assign the user-groups as their members respectively.

So under "Manage Page" section(say you are on page1) when you click on "Permissions" button for page1, you will see the three roles displaying. Here you could define the permission for role "PAGE1_Editor".

So when you login with the user of "page1editor" user-group, the user can create ,edit and delete the pages under page1 only.

Hope this would help you.

Regards,
Raja

Thanks Raja for reply.
Sorry for my late response.

I have some pages under my community 'HelthSystems'.
I created the role "Role1" to the usergroup 'groupA' and i defined the permission to the page 'Enquiries' to the role 'Role1' only.
And the this role doesn't have any permission to the other pages.

when i logged in with the users having that role he can access all the pages and he is able to do the modification(create,edit,delete) to the all pages under "Manage Pages" section. Not only to the 'Enquiries' Page and its subpages.

This approach is not working.

My requirement is :
if the user having role 'Role1' logged into the application and when he go to "Manage Pages" section ,he should be able see and access only 'Enquiries' pages and its subpages only not he other pages.

Can anyone please help me .

Thanks in advance
Ram A