掲示板

Lucene Re-index creates lots of empty data\document_library folders

thumbnail
11年前 に Michael Wall によって更新されました。

Lucene Re-index creates lots of empty data\document_library folders

Junior Member 投稿: 60 参加年月日: 10/07/22 最新の投稿
I'm using LR 6.0.12 EE and 6.0.6 CE.

I recently performed a Re-Index of search with the Server Administration > Reindex all search indexes functionality in Liferay. Afterwards I noticed that thousands of EMPTY folders have been created within data\document_library\10132, created during the Re-indexing. Same thing in other LR 6.0.12 EE enviroment.

Same thing happens with my instances of 6.0.6 CE but far fewer folders (due to the amount of data).

Is this expected behaviour?

I don't have any Search / Lucene or Document Library properties in portal-ex.properties.
thumbnail
11年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Lucene Re-index creates lots of empty data\document_library folders

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Lucene manages a large search index, but over time the search tree can get out of balance (too many nodes on one side of the tree).

Reindexing will rebalance the tree and spread out the nodes to accommodate new growth.

Depending how much data your index may have, what you have noticed could be perfectly normal.

The only wrinkle that may be in the response, however, is your jdk. There are issues w/ lucene & jdk7, which is why jdk7 is not compatible w/ Liferay just yet. I don't know if jdk7 incompatibility results in all of the empty nodes, but if you are using jdk7 I'd switch back to oracle jdk 6.
thumbnail
11年前 に Michael Wall によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 60 参加年月日: 10/07/22 最新の投稿
Looks like it is a known bug: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-31848
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Since you're using EE, you should be able to get a patch to fix this problem. If you don't know where, contact Liferay.com about it instead of here because you've paid Liferay.com to provide you with a patch when you purchased the EE subscription.