掲示板

what is the best in my case, community or organisation?

11年前 に Nayrouz NZ によって更新されました。

what is the best in my case, community or organisation?

New Member 投稿: 22 参加年月日: 12/12/27 最新の投稿
hi all, I am new member here since I am using liferay for the first time ! (liferay 6.1)
well..here is my case that I hope u can help me in :

I am trying to create a web portal for a "provider of some service" and there is so the Customers, through the portal, providers can manage data exchanges and tracing of all events between them and customers.

Each client (logged in the portal) has his private space , The client can be one or more persons (multiple accounts).
It is the provider (one or more persons) who has the rights to manage and administrate the portal and the customer has only the right of consult his private space.

- in this case should I use 1 community (because customer and supplier does not belong to the same company, but exchange information via a common activity) and inside it I create N organisations 1 for providers ,1 for customers X , 1 for customers Y....., 1 for customers N ?

- or create a private community for providers so only providers can get in there and manage poral through it and a community for all the customers in it I create one organistaion for each customer where he could has his private space ?

- or create a community for each 1 of them ?

plz I am comfused abt this..waiting for ur help.
11年前 に Venkat Koppavolu によって更新されました。

RE: what is the best in my case, community or organisation?

Junior Member 投稿: 85 参加年月日: 10/07/26 最新の投稿
Hi Nayrouz,

we had similar case and implemented below approach, Note that there are multiple ways to handle it that can best fit for your requirement.
Check with below question before you proceed.

Community Or Organization?
Suggestion: We should go for community since all your customers are independent of each one, there is no heir-achy relationship among them.

One Community for all Customers or separate Communities?
Suggestion: Instead of creating separate communities, it would be better to go for one community for all your customers since managing would be centralized as "Providers" will have flexibility to do that ( Use Teams concepts to do this)

How Should I provide Private Space for my customers?

Suggestion: Go for Team Roles

1. Create private community/site as "Customers"
2. Create a Team Role called "Providers" for Customers community and provide managing activities.
Note: a.We can use "Community Administrator Role also to manage, but Team Role is good option based on how you want to provide
permissions to it's entire community wise or some resources in the community.
b. You can create As many no.of Team Roles to a community to manage.
3. Provide Managing permission to the community resources based on Providers team role depending on business logic.
4. Create Separate teams for each customer and define permissions.
Note: You can write any custom components(portlets) based on the permission Checker to provide permission where ever you need.

Summary of all, How your portal looks like with below example

Ex: ALFA, BETA are two customers
1. Create site called "Customers"
2. Create "Providers" as Team role to "Custmer"
2. Define ALFA, BETA as Teams to "Customers" site
3. Create PageA, PageB
4. Define Administators permission to "Providers" Team for PageA, PageB.
5. Define Page A can be visibile to ALFA or Define Page B can be visibile to BETA

ALFA customer users - User1, User2
BETA customer Users - User3
Providers - User4

User1, Users2 is belongs to customer sute members and have ALFA team role
User3 is belongs to customer sute members and have BETA team role

Step-1: Logs into Customer Portal and able to see his private space defined by their team role
Step-2: Logs into Customer Portal and able to see his private space defined by their Providers team role
Step-3: Manages Customer site based on the team roles
ex: Creates new page or portlet and configures to specific "ALFA" or "BETA" customers.
Step-4: Customer users see updates from Providers

Hope it will help you,

Thanks,
Venkat
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
If you're using Liferay 6.1, why are you asking about "community"?
Give each user an account. Create a "client" as an organization and assign users to the organization which the user belongs too.
Allow users and organization to have private page.
Create a site for each provider - customer pair where they are exchange information.

Hello, thank u guys for ur help, I really appreciate it !

first of all let me clarify some things:
"Provider of service" is a Company which provide some kind of services to its client. so we have here 3 type of users of the portal:
1- Administrators of portal (groupe of persons from the company)
2-normal users who can just consult public pages of portal ( pages where they find general informations about the company such as HOME, SERVICES,CONTACT..)
3-Clients of the company: users (logged in) who have private spaces in the portal in there they can exchange informations with the provider of services (Administrators).

lets say we have : Company and 3 Clients X,Y,Z
Hitoshi Ozawa: you think I may create a private site for each pair company_client, so 3 sites:
Company_clientX, Company_clientY, Company_clientZ where each client can exchange informations with the provider in the privates pages of the site
why did u talk about organistion "client"? for what can I use it??

Venkat Koppavolu: as I understand : I create 1 site for all (provider and Clients) , and a separate team for each 1 of them (a provider team and a team for each client) and define permissions. Dont u think that it ll be a bit hard to manage it this way? especialy that the concept of team is a bit not clear to me till now!

plz I am waiting for ur ansewers. thanks.

hi again,
what I thought of (to make it clear and simple) is:

- Create a site for administrators and an other one for users (client + normals users) --> so 2 sites.

- For each client ,I create an account, the private page of this account will be the private space where Client and Administrator exchange informations
( just the Client X and portal administrators can access the private space of ​​Client X)

is it correct this way ? to conceptual level of security and confidentiality?