掲示板

problems to solve before installing 6.1 GA2 for production...

thumbnail
11年前 に lou cat によって更新されました。

problems to solve before installing 6.1 GA2 for production...

Regular Member 投稿: 196 参加年月日: 12/01/26 最新の投稿
Hi guys!

Yes, you read well, I'm thinking about using 6.1 GA2 CE (!!!) for production.
The previous version I was using is the 6.60.6 CE and this would be the only alternative at the moment, I'm afraid.
I'm still testing it and finding good things and bad ones, and I'll open a thread giving my feedback and waiting for yours (unless you want to block me now and convince me to use 6.0.6 CE instead emoticon), but in the meanwhile I really need to understand a couple of things:

1) JAVA VERSION: I read that Java7 is not well supported, so what exactly should I have? in my virtual machine I downgraded to the jdk 6, which gives me jdk1.6.0 and jre1.6.0, is that correct? should I remove any other java version? (very newbie question, I know... bear with me emoticon )

2) I'd really love to be able to use Eclipse and the liferay IDE, but my attempt at using it in my local windows machine with a remote linux server didn't work: it connects to the server but I can't deploy things properly (this is the thread where I explained the problems: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/16804904).
Please don't let me use "vi" and "ant deploy" for the rest of my life! emoticon

3) I haven't tried this patch yet:
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/16698661
Do you suggest to apply it?

please please please enlighten me! emoticon
thumbnail
11年前 に Juan Gonzalez P によって更新されました。

RE: problems to solve before installing 6.1 GA2 for production...

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
1-There is a bug in Sun JDK with version lower than 1.6.0.13 so be careful with that.

3-This my current Liferay in production and no problem at the moment (two weeks deployed).
thumbnail
11年前 に lou cat によって更新されました。

RE: problems to solve before installing 6.1 GA2 for production...

Regular Member 投稿: 196 参加年月日: 12/01/26 最新の投稿
Thanks Juan!

So what is the Java version recommended?

has anyone other comments?

emoticon