掲示板

Functionality similar to Control Panel

11年前 に Ratnamala Mehetre によって更新されました。

Functionality similar to Control Panel

New Member 投稿: 23 参加年月日: 10/07/08 最新の投稿
I want to implement custom control Panel where look and feel will be exacltly like Liferay control Panel.
There will be few links in left Panel on click on which portlet will render in Right Panel.

What is the best way to go for it.?

I was thinking of making copy on CONTROL_PANEL_MENU(ID:160) portlet and providing custom portlet list instead of PortalUtil.getControlPanelPortlets(themeDisplay.getCompanyId(), curCategory);

Explored code a lot but facing issues to understand Liferay imepelmentation to handle rending on portlet on Right panel when we click on portlet title from Left navigation.

Any pointers will be helpful to go further.

Also appreciate any other approach/suggestion to achieve this.

Environment: Liferay 6.1 CE/EE with bundled tomcat.
thumbnail
11年前 に Milen Dyankov によって更新されました。

RE: Functionality similar to Control Panel

Regular Member 投稿: 171 参加年月日: 09/09/23 最新の投稿
Ratnamala Mehetre:
I want to implement custom control Panel where look and feel will be exacltly like Liferay control Panel.
There will be few links in left Panel on click on which portlet will render in Right Panel.

What is the best way to go for it.?

Not sure if this is sufficient for you, but you can try to create a page and change it's type to "Panel" (by default it's "Portlet"). Then you'll be able to choose the portlets to be added to the panel. The page will have functionality similar to the one in Control Panel. Of course you can change the theme and/or apply your own look and feel.

Thanks Milen..Its cool suggestion.. emoticon
I was able to add selected applications on my page of type Panel.

Is there any way that I can add User and user Groups?

I want to display User,User Groups, Tags portlet and few custom portlets in my custom control Panel.
thumbnail
11年前 に Milen Dyankov によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 171 参加年月日: 09/09/23 最新の投稿
Ratnamala Mehetre:

I want to display User,User Groups, Tags portlet and few custom portlets in my custom control Panel.

I believe those portlets are in "category.hidden" and that is the reason you can not add them to the page. Try to overwrite liferay-display.xml and move them to some other category. This will probably solve the problem but it will also make the portlets appear in "applications" menu and thus users with appropriate permissions will be able to add them to any portal page.

Milen Dyankov:
Ratnamala Mehetre:

I believe those portlets are in "category.hidden" and that is the reason you can not add them to the page. Try to overwrite liferay-display.xml and move them to some other category. This will probably solve the problem but it will also make the portlets appear in "applications" menu and thus users with appropriate permissions will be able to add them to any portal page.

Yes Milen.
I did same thing.
In my ext plugin in liferay-display.xml, I created new category , moved portlets from hidden category to my new category and was able to add it on page of type Panel.

Thanks a ton!!! emoticon
thumbnail
11年前 に Jignesh Vachhani によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 803 参加年月日: 08/03/10 最新の投稿
Hi Ratnamala

I would suggest not to create clone of control panel.
Instead you can put your portlets in existing control panel and make it role based .
So some roles can see let say XYZ menu links some shows and ABC menu links.
This way you can reuse the existing control panel and no need to develop all the things from scratch.
Hope this would help you to get it work.

Jignesh Vachhani:
Hi Ratnamala

I would suggest not to create clone of control panel.
Instead you can put your portlets in existing control panel and make it role based .
So some roles can see let say XYZ menu links some shows and ABC menu links.
This way you can reuse the existing control panel and no need to develop all the things from scratch.
Hope this would help you to get it work.

Thanks Jignesh.
I have tried this but my requirement specifically is new page with selected portlets with control panel theme for it. emoticon
With Role based define permission we can disable/hide portlets by un-checking 'Access in Control Panel '.
But how to disable 'My Pages' and 'Site pages' option with Role based approach.?