掲示板

accessibility improvement (continuation)

thumbnail
15年前 に Boubker TAGNAOUTI によって更新されました。

accessibility improvement (continuation)

Regular Member 投稿: 140 参加年月日: 08/09/29 最新の投稿
Hi everyone,

Here is the continuation of my review to check the conformance of LR portal to the principal standards (WCAG, XHTML and CSS).

For this review i used a layout that includes : all items from basica page + breadcrumb, navigation and site map portlets.

1)Share link issue

Why the sharing links are visible when the feature is disabled? The guest user cannot share a portlet (only logged user with the related permissions can do that). This mistake generate 3 automatic detection errors, in regards of this point:

6.3 Ensure that pages are usable when scripts, applets, or other programmatic objects are turned off or not supported. If this is not possible, provide equivalent information on an alternative accessible page. [priority 1]

Error message: these links won't work if javascript is not supported.
The simplest way to fix this issue is to hide the share link as we did for minimize, maximize and remove links.

2) Header elements

3.5 Use header elements to convey document structure and use them according to specification. [priority 2]

The navigation portlet use an H3 header instead of H2. We should order heading elements properly. H3 elements should follow H2 elements but there is not one in the document structure.

3)Markup validation

The markup validation returns 6 new errors

Line 324 : element "nobr" undefined .
Line 369 : element "nobr" undefined .
Line 417 : element "nobr" undefined .

The nobr element is proprietary (as in not based on any standard). It has good support in modern browsers (for backwards-compatibility reasons) but should not be used.
To fix that we should use a css alternative :

.nobr {
    white-space: nowrap;  
}

Line 324 : syntax of attribute value does not conform to declared value.
Line 369: syntax of attribute value does not conform to declared value.
Line 417 : syntax of attribute value does not conform to declared value.

The target attribute couldn't be empty, we must specify a value (_blank,_self,_parent,_top or a frame name).

Toughts?
thumbnail

RE: accessibility improvement (continuation)

I tried another review with the latest sources from the trunk.
The points 1 and 3 was resolved. It still remains one minor issue : re-ordering header elements.
thumbnail
15年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hi again emoticon

Thanks for keeping your hard work on this emoticon

I've just checked #2 and it's already using h3 so I guess that somebody else changed it since your review. Can you verify it?
thumbnail

Hi Jorge,

No change in the repository for this issue. Anyway, i've joined patches to fix that:
portal-web/docroot/html/themes/classic/_diffs/css/custom.css
portal-web/docroot/html/taglib/ui/navigation/page.jsp
thumbnail
15年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hi Boubker,

I've just applied the changes you suggested for the navigation portlet and the nobr element. See LPS-1246 and LPS-1247 for details.

I haven't applied your changes to custom.css yet because the only changes that I see are related to whitespaces. Are those the changes you wanted to contribute? If so, what's the reason?
thumbnail

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your work on this. About the custom.css contribution I think somebody else made the change on the trunk. My contribution consisted on adding this lines:

.nav-menu h2 {
 font-size: 1.4em;
}