掲示板

New kind of spam?

thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

New kind of spam?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Recently, I'm seeing an increase in posts which really doesn't say too much except seeming to agree and repeat of a question with a link with external sites. It's usually the poster's first post. From the look of it, this seems to be done by human. Is it possible the spam accounts are being created by human and stocked till the attacked or is there a new service that just attaches a link?
thumbnail
11年前 に James Falkner によって更新されました。

RE: New kind of spam?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1399 参加年月日: 10/09/17 最新の投稿
Hitoshi Ozawa:
Recently, I'm seeing an increase in posts which really doesn't say too much except seeming to agree and repeat of a question with a link with external sites. It's usually the poster's first post. From the look of it, this seems to be done by human. Is it possible the spam accounts are being created by human and stocked till the attacked or is there a new service that just attaches a link?

Don't know how it's implemented, but we are experimenting with spam control techniques to find the most effective one. They are definitely getting smarter. Turning on email verification apparently has little effect - spammers have real email accounts they use to verify, so we need to find a good way to detect it based on the content of the post (like akismet) - we are experimenting now to see which one works best.
thumbnail

Posts without too much meaningful messages seems to be increasing today. I think the only way is to not display new user's initial post by activating work flow on message board?
thumbnail
11年前 に Manish Kumar Jaiswal によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 153 参加年月日: 08/11/25 最新の投稿
I disagree , well its a open forum we should rather find other ways to stop it !!!!

Regards
Manish
thumbnail

As you said, it's an open forum so it's not possible to stop it. I'm suggesting Liferay.com staff to filter new users' first post to check if it's a spam or not before it's posted.
thumbnail

Got another douse this weekend. Seems there are several types now.

I sure would like to know if someone has been able to resolve spamming at their forum.
thumbnail
11年前 に Tomáš Polešovský によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 676 参加年月日: 09/02/13 最新の投稿
Hi James,

can Liferay use Akismet?

-- tom
thumbnail

Tomáš Polešovský:
Hi James,

can Liferay use Akismet?

-- tom

Yep I think the web team is implementing this now .. We will get this messed cleaned up ASAP!
thumbnail

I know that liferay.com is working hard on this but isn't it possible to take some temporary actions until the final solution get implemented?
thumbnail
11年前 に Victor Zorin によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1228 参加年月日: 08/04/14 最新の投稿
I agree.
Hey liferay guys if you need help, tell the community, we may quickly come up with some interceptors/filters/servlets/hooks, such as when Blog is attempted to be posted with words from dictionary e.g. 'sport', it will get rejected/ignored/go-to-nowhere...
thumbnail

I think the most frustration nowadays with liferay.com is that it's beginning to get very bureaucratic. It's taking too long to do anything. I'm glad that liferay.com is growing but I do hope this building walls between responsibilities would be torn down.

This, also, looks very bad to users because it shows liferay.com can't response quickly to a problem. I'm glad that I didn't recommend using EE for our external site because I would have been out of on the streets otherwise.
thumbnail
11年前 に Brian Kim によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 311 参加年月日: 04/08/17 最新の投稿
@Hitoshi: We're going to try to fix this tonight. It required some coordination with our China team which is why there was a delay. We have a quick fix as an immediate solution (see below), but will also try to use Akismet by today.

@Victor: We have something like that already. We just had to wait to coordinate with our China team (see above) before making the change.
thumbnail

Do not be too harsh Hitoshi, the bigger the customer base the more damaging is going to be an impact of a simple mistake, so risk management has to become more prominent.
Sometimes slowness is a sign of maturity. We all hope that this true in the case of Liferay Inc.
thumbnail
11年前 に Brian Chan によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 753 参加年月日: 04/08/05 最新の投稿
Yes.. we're looking for a proper solution for this new type of spam.
thumbnail
11年前 に Harish Kumar によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 483 参加年月日: 10/07/31 最新の投稿
one such post is here http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/16228379 found on http://www.liferay.com/community/welcome/dashboard listed in Hot Topics
thumbnail

Harish Kumar:
one such post is here http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/16228379 found on http://www.liferay.com/community/welcome/dashboard listed in Hot Topics

Deleted! This came before the Akismet integration and slipped through by looking more legit (in subject) than the other 500 that day...
thumbnail

Thanks everybody! Seems it's all back to normal now. emoticon
thumbnail

A couple of seconds ago I have made a reply to one of the posts with the link to liferay's post.
When tried to post I had an immediate message "You message has been flagged as spam". Must be this new spam filter which does not allow links (even internal?).
thumbnail
11年前 に Juan Gonzalez P によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Yep, seems that is causing the issue. James Falkner is aware of this.
thumbnail
11年前 に Sampsa Sohlman によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 230 参加年月日: 07/09/27 最新の投稿
Victor Zorin:
A couple of seconds ago I have made a reply to one of the posts with the link to liferay's post.

You have done so many post, so your account should be marked as spam free and no akismet filtering required. Of course someone might be able to hack in to your account, but then that would be different problem.
thumbnail

That's probably not related to account, may be something with keywords but I do not see any which could cause denial, see image below:

添付ファイル:

thumbnail

Victor Zorin:
That's probably not related to account, may be something with keywords but I do not see any which could cause denial, see image below:

Amos has implemented a new workflow for spam - messages are no longer simply discarded - if it's qustionable, it'll be put in a queue for the moderators to review and it is not displayed to forum participants. If it really is spam, we mark it as such which lets Akismet learn. If it's marked as not spam, this is also sent to Akismet so it can learn (I dunno if it learns certain authors are 'good' over time of if it's just based on content). In any case, we don't just throw messages away (deny them) anymore.
thumbnail
11年前 に Harish Kumar によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 483 参加年月日: 10/07/31 最新の投稿
Hi James,

Could you please look at this profile

looks like a spammer; you can check this thread here

HTH
thumbnail

Harish Kumar:
Hi James,

Could you please look at this profile

looks like a spammer; you can check this thread here

HTH

I'll keep on eye on Mr. Programmer, thanks for the heads-up emoticon
thumbnail

Will information on setting up akismet with liferay be available?
thumbnail
11年前 に Amos Fong によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2047 参加年月日: 08/10/07 最新の投稿
A portlet should be released in the marketplace. Some features haven't been finished yet though, so I'm not sure if it will be released first or wait until everything is done.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Will information on setting up akismet with liferay be available?

There will soon be a Marketplace app for Akismet/Liferay integration (plus documentation). In the meantime, the source code is here. I've been pretty happy with the results since we implemented it on liferay.com!
thumbnail

I'm pretty impressed with the results too. Thanks for the link to the source. Will be looking forward to the plugin in Marketplace. emoticon
thumbnail
11年前 に Amos Fong によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2047 参加年月日: 08/10/07 最新の投稿
You have done so many post, so your account should be marked as spam free and no akismet filtering required. Of course someone might be able to hack in to your account, but then that would be different problem.

Yes this is a great idea, one that we're going to implement next.