掲示板

Liferay Functional Doc ???

11年前 に M Ray によって更新されました。

Liferay Functional Doc ???

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 12/07/10 最新の投稿
Hi guys, Can someone help me to know where I can get a detailed Liferay functional documentation ? Appreciative..
thumbnail
11年前 に Mika Koivisto によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay Functional Doc ???

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1519 参加年月日: 06/08/07 最新の投稿
Try the documentation link in the menu above.
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
As Mika mentioned, Liferay's online documentation is the most up to date but there are also several books on liferay. You can just go to amazon and search for liferay.
thumbnail

Subhash,
Are you sure that it's alright to distribute a copy of "Liferay in Action"?
11年前 に Linus Sphinx によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 99 参加年月日: 10/08/12 最新の投稿
I only paid $45 for it. wowebooks.com may have a bit to answer for.
thumbnail
11年前 に Richard Sezov によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 220 参加年月日: 07/02/07 最新の投稿
Hi everyone,

I wanted to explain why the link to Liferay in Action that was posted here was deleted. This book is a copyrighted work, published by a major computer book publisher (Manning). As you know, as an open source company, Liferay believes in the open source movement and in the sharing of code and documentation. This is why our product carries the LGPL license, and our documentation carries a Creative Commons license. In working with Manning, we found a book publisher that shared many of our ideals. For example, we both believe that once you purchase something, it's yours, and you should be free to copy and use it on all of your devices, now and for the future, freely. Because of this shared belief, Liferay in Action, as well as every other Manning book, is not distributed electronically encrypted with Digital Rights Management (DRM).

This is one of the things we liked about Manning, and one of the reasons we chose to work with Manning. We jointly believe that our customers and supporters share our ideals, and thus will honor our decision not to use DRM by doing the right thing and purchasing the book. Obviously, for this to work, we have to be able to trust people to purchase the book, and take advantage of our anti-DRM policy by using it on their own devices, not by copying it and making it available to others to download for free.

This is why we deleted the post. Obviously, through a quick Google search, you could find it again, but I'd ask that you support Liferay and Manning by purchasing the book instead. Obviously, Liferay has other revenue streams in the products themselves to keep us afloat, but book sales are Manning's bread and butter. I'm glad to be working with a company who supports our right to use the items we purchase in the way we want to use them. The only way for this to continue is to respect their decision to do the right thing, and honor that decision by supporting them through our purchases.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from with this. As always, thanks for reading!

Rich Sezov
(author of Liferay in Action)
thumbnail

I wanted to explain why the link to Liferay in Action that was posted here was deleted.

Thought so. Should distribute copyrighted works. Before the book was officially published, I think there were some chapters
made available on the net but it may not have been redistributable.

It's not just book, I do hope that people do not distribute licensed copies of EE versions either.

People and companies spend much efforts into making them available and I don't think it's unfair to them.

I, also, like to give credits to those that are due (including to myself. :-) )
thumbnail

To those who had not yet bought the book, Liferay.com had a discount code to get few percent off the list price. I'm not sure where it is now, but it may be worth a while to try to find it instead of paying the whoie price.
11年前 に Linus Sphinx によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 99 参加年月日: 10/08/12 最新の投稿
Hitoshi Ozawa:

To those who had not yet bought the book, Liferay.com had a discount code to get few percent off the list price. I'm not sure where it is now, but it may be worth a while to try to find it instead of paying the whoie price.

Just like to add it was more than worth it.
thumbnail

"Liferay in Action" + online manual is a must read for anyone really trying to use liferay. I'm hoping that Richard will write something up on using theme and GUI development.