掲示板

Portlet installed version and Portlet available version

thumbnail
11年前 に Plugins Admin によって更新されました。

Portlet installed version and Portlet available version

New Member 投稿: 15 参加年月日: 11/12/15 最新の投稿
Hi
I have two problems related to this:

1) In the Update Manger section the Available Version column is not filled. (just a "-" is displayed even I know there are newer versions)
2) In the Plugin Installer section the Installed Version column is not filled. (just a "-" is displayed even i know i have the portlet installed)

This is happening with all custom portlets we(our company) has published in the community plugins section.

What should I do to get this working?

Is something related with the Trusted column saying "No"? if so, how a community portlet can be Trusted ?

Note: this is happening to me in Liferay 6.0.6 and 6.1.0
TIA,
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

RE: Portlet installed version and Portlet available version

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Is your Liferay server connected to the Internet? If you're behind a proxy, you'll need to set it up.
When you startup Liferay, an error message should display when it can't connect to the Liferay.com site.
thumbnail
11年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14913 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Since he said custom portlets, I don't think he's talking about the Liferay community site.

I think he's under the impression that there is some kind of local repository that differentiates what's installed w/ possible version upgrades.
thumbnail

Hi All,

Apparently i didn't explain very well my problem, i will try again:

1) From a running Liferay I go to the Update Manager section (Control Panel -> , Update Manager). In this case, i see the list of my installed portlets. From the portlet i have developed myself, i see the "Installed Version" column filled (i.e. 2.1.2) but the available version column is only showing "-" even I know that i have newer versions for a specific portlet.

2) From a running Liferay i go to the "Plugin Installer" section (Control Panel -> Plugin Installation -> Install More Portlets). In this case, i can see a list with all the available portlet to install, including the ones developed by me with all its versions. So I am able to see Available version perfectly but the Installed version column shows "-". Here it is not detecting that i have already installed a portlet.

Is it clearer this time? Any idea?

This is an example of one of the portlet i am talking about:
http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/community-plugins/-/software_catalog/products/11816131

TIA,
thumbnail

So, you're able to connect to the liferay.com site. Seems like a bug in looking up new versions at community portlet site.
thumbnail

Hitoshi, these are their own custom portlets, not community portlets.
thumbnail

They are contributing to Liferay.com so it's available from Liferay.com's community plugin download page. Check the url that was given. It's www.liferay.com/downloads. They're upgrading the portlets. They probably wants every users who are using their portlets they have contributed to Liferay.com be notified of the latest version. It probably not about their own setup not getting the notice, but about other users who are using their portlets not getting the notice.

He's probably just testing at his site if every user is getting notified.

http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/community-plugins/-/software_catalog/products/11816131
thumbnail

Plugins Admin:
Is it clearer this time? Any idea?

Your custom portlets are not the same as community portlets. If you deploy a portlet plugin, say "sample-portlet.war" into the deploy directory, it gets deployed. There are no multiple versions as you drop new sample-portlet.war files into the deploy directory, it always gets replaced with the previous version. There is no 'local portlet repository' that you can choose to upgrade from.

Now, in the case of community portlets, there is a difference because there is a remote portlet repository, such as the community repository. In this case Liferay knows the local version and also knows the remote version, and can show you the difference between the two and allow you to update to another version.

Again, your local portlets are not in a repository and therefore are not available to do updates to.

The differences you're seeing in the interface are a reflection of the fact that they are local portlets and not remote portlets.
thumbnail

HI David,

I am sorry if i confused you the first time, but i am talking about community portlets. The company i work for has developed a couple of portlets and shared them with the Liferay community and you can check them searching for RCS (Rotterdam CS) plugins into the community section of www.liferay.com.

Just to make it clearer, i am installing them by the "Install more plugins" section of a running Liferay. I am not manually coping a war file to the deploy folder.

Regards,
thumbnail

Snap, I did get hung up on that initial post...
thumbnail

Hi All,

My guessing is that i have something missing somewhere. This is what i am setting in the liferay-plugin-package.properties:

name=RCS Newsletter
module-group-id=RotterdamCS
module-incremental-version=1
tags=newsletter, newsletters, news, letter, letters, email, mail, subscriptions, mailing, lists, liferay newsletter, newsletter portlet, liferay mailing, liferay newsletter portlet, liferay mail list, rotterdam
short-description=The aim of this project is to fulfill with all the features of a Newsletter.
change-log=Adding template support
page-url=http://lplugins.download.rotterdam-cs.com/
author=Rotterdam CS
licenses=APACHE

1) Are you able to see any problem there?
2) After installing a portlet , is the version information stored anywhere in the database? if so, do you know where?

TIA,
thumbnail

Hi All,

I have found the solution for this, these are the conclusions:

1) There is not relationship between trusted sites and automatic update notifications.

2) My mistake was having bud configured the Artifact and Group ID fields.

For making this work, keep in mind this:

A) The Artefact ID field in the product in the Liferay community site must be the same than the name of the war without version. (i.e. if the file is my-war-portlet-2.1.0.war, the field should be my-war-portlet)

B ) The group ID field should be the same than the module-group-id property in the file liferay-plugin-package.properties.

That's all!