掲示板

Theme settings issue since 6.1

12年前 に Roy Brondgeest によって更新されました。

Theme settings issue since 6.1

Junior Member 投稿: 25 参加年月日: 11/01/13 最新の投稿
Hello everyone,

I have made a theme that uses some theme settings to make my homepage a little different, with an animated banner.
I used a setting with the key frontpage and value true on one of my themes to do this (see code at bottom)
I configured my whole website to use "BeemsterTaxiCentrale", and just my homepage to use "BeemsterTaxiCentrale Frontpage"

Sadly since 6.1 every page in my theme (including the homepage) has the setting frontpage as false.

Is this a bug? Or is it because of the configurable option functionality, that all settings are now stored in a different way?

<theme id="BeemsterTaxiCentrale" name="BeemsterTaxiCentrale">
	  <settings>
	    <setting key="frontpage" value="false"></setting>
	  </settings>
	</theme>
	<theme id="BeemsterTaxiCentrale-FrontPage" name="BeemsterTaxiCentrale Frontpage">
	  <settings>
	    <setting key="frontpage" value="true"></setting>
	  </settings>
	</theme>
12年前 に Juan Carlo Deoferio によって更新されました。

RE: Theme settings issue since 6.1

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 11/11/09 最新の投稿
I'm also experiencing the same issue.

Any updates on this?
12年前 に Roy Brondgeest によって更新されました。

Nothing yet, I did find a solution that worked for me..
I made these settings configurable, by doing the following:

Changed

<setting key="frontpage" value="true"></setting>

to

<setting key="frontpage" value="true" configurable="true" type="checkbox"></setting>

And then setting these values for different pages on the pages screen in the control panel.
thumbnail
11年前 に Tad Fox によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 11 参加年月日: 12/04/19 最新の投稿
Roy, I've tried this method of using the configurable and type attributes. It adds the settings to the theme and it works for the default, but when I do something like check/uncheck a checkbox individual page, it reverts to the state it's at on the default. Using another theme, like you previously did, I get your same result. It's odd, but could it be some permissions thing?
11年前 に Roy Brondgeest によって更新されました。

I don't think its a permission thing, I had full permission while doing all this.
I think that since the configurable option is now available, all these settings are stored only in 1 place for the whole theme plugin, and not in every theme (<theme> tag in your look and feel XML file) on itself.

I assume this is just a change in functionality. See my previous post, its just a new way of working. Themes arent backwards compatible so you should just fix this along with the rest for themes you want to take to 6.1 from older versions. Too bad this is not commented in a changelog or any wiki yet, and I had to find out myself.