掲示板

Installing liferay 6.1 tomcat7 bundle on ubuntu with apache2

12年前 に hari pulijala によって更新されました。

Installing liferay 6.1 tomcat7 bundle on ubuntu with apache2

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 12/02/17 最新の投稿
Hi Friends,

I am trying to install liferay 6.1 tomcat 7 bundle on ubuntu 10.4 with apache 2 as the web server.

Is there any wiki that has the instructions to do this stup?
I followed the steps outilined here at : http://diegobenna.blogspot.com/2011/01/connect-tomcat-7-with-apache2-modjk-and.html but looks like this only works with the normal tomcat applications.

Do we have any specific steps for liferay?

Thanks,
hari
thumbnail
12年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Installing liferay 6.1 tomcat7 bundle on ubuntu with apache2

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
I have instructions for Gentoo and Liferay 6.0, should be adaptable to your environment: https://www.dnebinger.com/wiki/-/wiki/Setup+and+Configuration/Fronting+Liferay+Tomcat+with+Apache+HTTPd+daemon.

Thank you. I tried this yesterday but was stuck at APACHE2_OPTS as i do not have this in my apahe2.conf file anywhere.
Am i having something wrong in my conf file or is the version not updated??
thumbnail

Well, it could be a gentoo thing...

Basically look for a line containing "-D" in it. This is where you're specifying modules that Apache httpd should load. The addition of the "-D JK" is adding jk as a module that should be loaded on startup.

finally got it working but css,js etc is not working. I think i got the other redirects which need to be placed right now from your wiki.., thanks David..
thumbnail

My site assumes that you are fronting all static content (images, js, css, etc.) using Apache and only piping through to tomcat the dynamic calls that Liferay, etc., need tomcat to resolve.

If you're going to let tomcat serve everything, then just remove the jkUnmount commands.

If you're going to let Apache serve the static content, you need to copy the contents as indicated in my wiki page; if they're not available to Apache, they won't come up at all since the jkUnmount won't give the requests to tomcat for processing.
12年前 に Harish Tulsiani によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 11/03/16 最新の投稿
Thanks for the excellent wiki page, David!

I got this working fairly well using symbolic links from various portlets & our theme into an apache directory. I had to include a few symbolic links to cover @theme_image_path@/common/button_bg.png, @theme_image_path@/arrows/05_down.png, @theme_image_path@/aui/icon_sprite.png & @theme_image_path@/aui/loading_indicator.gif.

However, some of the css file requests (main.css in particular) seem to be dynamically populated by tomcat (i.e. css rules based on browser type).

Ultimately, I had to disable css from apache because of this, but maybe you know of a way to build a theme so that _all_ the css rules are placed into the files?
thumbnail

You pretty much just let Apache handle the static content and Tomcat handle the dynamic content. The CSS, as you've found, is dynamic because of the client's browser. If you were to try to turn those into static resources, you'd have a bunch of different files and would have to determine (using the theme, I guess) which static resource to ask for. Then you'd have to maintain a bunch of different copies, one for each browser. It's probably best to stick w/ the Liferay way and let the CSS be considered dynamic as it reduces your maintenance tasks.