掲示板

A forum category dedicated to hosting providers?

15年前 に Mike C. によって更新されました。

A forum category dedicated to hosting providers?

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 07/11/01 最新の投稿
Hi,
could you make a forum category eventually under 'Liferay English' dedicated to Liferay hosting providers, (The hosting providers lobby), where they can feel free to ask for features relevant to them, discuss strategies (VPS, shared or dedicated VM and so on) and promote their Liferay hosting solution?
thumbnail
15年前 に JR Houn によって更新されました。

RE: A forum category dedicated to hosting providers?

Expert 投稿: 488 参加年月日: 07/11/19 最新の投稿
Hi Mike-
We'll take making a new category for hosting under consideration - especially if more people vocalize a desire for such a resource. For the time being we also have a work-in-progress wiki article that anyone can view for hosting options and providers can use to post their own information.
Liferay Hosting Services

regards,
-jr
15年前 に Mike C. によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 07/11/01 最新の投稿
Thing is, Liferay is about to break the ice and bring low cost shared hosting to the Java world. If this is a goal I think it needs a bit more consideration, that's why I was asking for a distinct topic.

Here is one feature I would ask for: separate databases for separate customers, as PHP hosting providers have to offer.
To fit affordable shared hosting in a dedicated server I would use only one JVM instance with access to a decent 3-4GB RAM, all hosting customers sharing the same JVM, who would rely on Java for security. In this JVM I would run a single Liferay instance (or one for each important version, like 4.2, 5.2 etc. if possible). A Liferay instance would connect to a master account database, then a level of indirection will let each account have its separate database (jdbc pool) and let each customer manage it the way it sees fit, each account with its own website instances and communities, like now.

I really don't think you can run more than one JVM in a dedicated server and keep the shared hosting offer affordable, unfortunately. So, there are some strategies to review more carefully.
thumbnail
14年前 に Lisa Simpson によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2034 参加年月日: 09/03/05 最新の投稿
LIferay seems to be a bit of a memory hog.... I'm running a well tuned instance with a small community on a 1GB RAM slice. And I occasionally get disk thrashing warnings.
thumbnail
15年前 に Janne Ohtonen によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 21 参加年月日: 08/10/09 最新の投稿
I think that there just isn't enough good web hosting companies for Liferay, especially in Finland.

Naturally you can always get yourself a virtual or dedicated server and do the maintenance by yourself. But I feel that I would like to buy that service with reasonable price to save myself from all the details of server administration.
thumbnail
15年前 に Tobias Amon によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 546 参加年月日: 07/08/08 最新の投稿
Hi,

maybe some of the users here want to start a business by offering some Liferay hosting services.

But I think a message board category is not the right place. As this will be commercial information, the only the that may help is an entry for each provide in the Wiki article.

kind regards
Tobias