掲示板

setting up Liferay 6.1 on oracle 10g xe

12年前 に Denzil Daulo によって更新されました。

setting up Liferay 6.1 on oracle 10g xe

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 12/01/27 最新の投稿
Hi Everyone from Liferay,

I am having a problem on setting up my Liferay in a oracle database. I have installed the driver(ojdbc14_g.jar) in the tomcat-7.0.23/lib/ext folder and in tomcat-7.0.23/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib, because that is what the wizard prompts me to do. I have already set up my oracle xe, in which it has a username: "lportal" and password: "lportal". The port of my oracle is 8081. below are the specifications of my oracle and the settings of the database that I wanted to implement in my liferay:

Database
NAME XE
CREATED 01/26/2012 12:01:12 PM
RESETLOGS_TIME 01/26/2012 12:01:15 PM
PRIOR_RESETLOGS_CHANGE# 1
PRIOR_RESETLOGS_TIME 31-JAN-06
LOG_MODE NOARCHIVELOG
CHECKPOINT_CHANGE# 388835
ARCHIVE_CHANGE# 0
OPEN_RESETLOGS NOT ALLOWED
VERSION_TIME 01/26/2012 12:01:12 PM
OPEN_MODE READ WRITE
PROTECTION_MODE MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE
PROTECTION_LEVEL UNPROTECTED
REMOTE_ARCHIVE ENABLED
DATABASE_ROLE PRIMARY
ARCHIVELOG_CHANGE# 377244
SWITCHOVER_STATUS SESSIONS ACTIVE
DATAGUARD_BROKER DISABLED
GUARD_STATUS NONE
FORCE_LOGGING NO

CGI Environment
PLSQL_GATEWAY WebDb
GATEWAY_IVERSION 2
SERVER_SOFTWARE Oracle Embedded PL/SQL Gateway/10.2.0.1.0
GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1
SERVER_PORT 8081
SERVER_NAME XDB HTTP Server
REQUEST_METHOD GET
QUERY_STRING p=4500:36:1404450052956966:::::
PATH_INFO /f
SCRIPT_NAME /apex
REMOTE_ADDR 127.0.0.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL HTTP/1.1
REQUEST_PROTOCOL tcp
REMOTE_USER ANONYMOUS
HTTP_USER_AGENT Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
HTTP_HOST 127.0.0.1:8081
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING gzip
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE en-us
HTTP_ORACLE_ECID
WEB_AUTHENT_PREFIX
DAD_NAME apex
DOC_ACCESS_PATH docs
DOCUMENT_TABLE wwv_flow_file_objects$
PATH_ALIAS
REQUEST_CHARSET AL32UTF8
REQUEST_IANA_CHARSET UTF-8
SCRIPT_PREFIX

Database(Liferay installation)

Database Type : Oracle
JDBC URL (Required) : jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe
JDBC Driver Class Name (Required) : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
User Name : lportal
Password: lportal

The result is Database connection could not be established. Please check your connection settings.. I also tried to change 1521 to 8081 and still nothing happens.
Hope you can shed light or at least guide me on what to do, cause Ive already tried all that is feasible fix for this. Thank You emoticon
12年前 に Denzil Daulo によって更新されました。

RE: setting up Liferay 6.1 on oracle 10g xe

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 12/01/27 最新の投稿
Ok, I got the solution to my problem, and in case for someone who will going to have the same problem as mine here it is:

The main issue is on oracle's jdbc driver, if you are using ojdbc14.jar or ojdbc14_g.jar, it will not work (I don't know why, but maybe a compatibility issue, better check oracle itself regarding in this matter). Use ojdbc14-10.2.0.5.0.jar driver instead and placed it on ../liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-7.0.23/lib/ext folder, from there it will go smoothly, either with your initial set-up or with the portal-ext.properties.

Hope it helps emoticon
12年前 に Vitor Rodrigues によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 11/01/04 最新の投稿
Just to give an extra information... If anyone is using Oracle 11g R2, the jar is under your DB installation place like: ORACLE_HOME\jdbc\lib\ojdbc6.jar ( this is for java 1.6).

Or you can find it here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/jdbc-112010-090769.html
10年前 に Vikaash Chandra によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 14/02/20 最新の投稿
One Clue can be the database/schema you are using must be clean as there can be chances that while creating the tables we may have exsting object matching with the liferay db objects hence it may cause problem
Other than that there can be other conflicts like following Query from VerifyOracle alterColumn Method, might return some result and if it is not a table i.e. view then the alter column method may throw some errors, as it may try to change the existing view which might not be valid operation for the existing object in the schema.

"select table_name, column_name, data_length from " +
"user_tab_columns where data_type = 'VARCHAR2' and " +
"char_used = 'B'"

Which is there in the VerifyOracle alterColumn Method, that I found from liferay source.

Hope that give some idea.

Thanks and Regards
Vikash Chandra Mishra