掲示板

WebDAV - Organizations vs Communities

15年前 に Boden Larson によって更新されました。

WebDAV - Organizations vs Communities

Regular Member 投稿: 200 参加年月日: 08/07/10 最新の投稿
It would be great if there was a way to browse organizations via WebDAV the same way that we can browse regular communities and user communities. I'm not sure why there's a distinction since organizations are also essentially just communities, aren't they?

Example: I can connect to "tunnel-web/secure/liferay.com/" as an administrator and get a folder list representing all regular communities and user communities. There is no similar way that I can find to get a folder list representing all organization communities, however.

Rationale: In a situation where you have a community made up of organizations, it might be desirable to give each organization a private document library. It would then be nice to be able to browse through organization folders to add documents to specific organizations. As it stands now, we have to add a network place (in Windows, as an example) for every single organization. When there are fifty organizations in the community, we have to add fifty network places, which, as you can imagine, clutters things up real quick. It's also a pain to manage because "network places" links on each workstation have to be added and removed whenever organizations are added or removed.

I looked at the code and I think I see where to make this happen, but am not confident enough to start hacking at it.

Boy, I'm really lost in this permissions system jargon. In a nutshell, when I connect to "tunnel-web/secure/liferay.com/" I want to see communities, users, and organizations.

Thanks.
thumbnail
14年前 に Bryan Cheung によって更新されました。

RE: WebDAV - Organizations vs Communities

Expert 投稿: 373 参加年月日: 04/08/27 最新の投稿
Please see this post for guidelines on how to add to the suggested Document Library Improvements, and this wiki page for the present listing of suggestions.
thumbnail
14年前 に Lisa Simpson によって更新されました。

RE: WebDAV - Organizations vs Communities

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2034 参加年月日: 09/03/05 最新の投稿