掲示板

Message board & categories (taxonomy)

thumbnail
12年前 に Stian Sigvartsen によって更新されました。

Message board & categories (taxonomy)

Regular Member 投稿: 103 参加年月日: 10/08/27 最新の投稿
Does anyone know if it's possible to associate a category (taxonomy, not message board category) for a message board thread?
It seems that this is standard functionality for other types of assets, but some reason, when posting any kind of message board asset, you can only associate tags and not categories. This despite the following documentation stating both are supported. http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Tags+and+Categories

If this is not possible to do this, is anyone aware if there is a way to link tags to categories? i.e. if you tag an asset with tag A, and there is a rule saying tag A = category B, then if you used Category navigation and clicked on the category B, then assets with tag A should be shown. I remember reading somewhere that this is possible, but I cannot find any web resources talking about this anymore.

Liferay 6.0.6 CE.

-Stian
thumbnail
8年前 に Devang Patel によって更新されました。

RE: Message board & categories (taxonomy)

Regular Member 投稿: 247 参加年月日: 15/01/19 最新の投稿
Hi Stian Sigvartsen,
Does anyone know if it's possible to associate a category (taxonomy, not message board category) for a message board thread?

Yes. It is possible to associate asset categories for a message board thread...
Just create one jsp hook for edit_message.jsp & and use asset categories while posting new thread.
So you can also post thread in multiple categories using this asset Categories.
<aui:input name="categories" type="assetCategories" wrapperCssClass="mbassetCategory" />

I already did it.

Regards,
Devang Patel
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Robert Chen:
I answer this question just for future developers who may have the same query.

Eh, wrong. This is not a category as far as taxonomy is concerned, this is the message board category which the OP explicitly called out as one he was not interested in.

The correct answer is that while there may not be an interface for setting category, each thread is an asset and therefore supports taxonomy assignment using both categories and tags. If there is no interface in the version you're doing, it may be a simple case of creating a JSP hook to add the category selector tag just as the support is already there for the tags.
7年前 に Klaus Bachmaier によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 223 参加年月日: 13/09/30 最新の投稿
Stian Sigvartsen:
... you can only associate tags and not categories.

Really? In 6.2 I haven't even found a way to just tag the postings. Would be nice if this would have been possible in 6.2, but I guess a JSP Hook will do the trick, right?