掲示板

Generic personalization

thumbnail
12年前 に Tomáš Polešovský によって更新されました。

Generic personalization

Liferay Master 投稿: 676 参加年月日: 09/02/13 最新の投稿
Hi

It's few months I've got this idea I can't finish. So I'm leaving it to you to think of it, it's better than to wait for me emoticon

This week I've seen at European Symposium that Liferay plans to create personalization support for Asset Publisher.

My idea is: How to enable personalization to every portlet OOTB.

Simple solution: create rule-based profiles and allow each portlet to define portlet preferences for every profile (because initial portlet state - what the portlet displays - is defined by its preferences).

I've came to this solution (while thinking of Portlet preferences scope improvement)
1, Create profiles for users, based on personalization rules (every Site can have set of profiles that are described by rules, user is assigned to none or one profile at the time - based on these rules)
2, Implement possibility to specify portlet preferences for such every profile (somehow the UI of every portlet could offer admin to edit preferences for each profile)
3, Run portlet in context of this personalized portlet preferences (or default portlet preferences, if user doesn't belong to any profile)

To make it really useful there could be also method ThemeDisplay.getUserPersonalizationProfile() which returns name/id/object of the personalization profile of the current user.

I've also made a small prototype which loads preferences for portlet based on user profileId (see attached parts of Ext Plugin) and it works. But it's still just a prototype.

Thanks for any response.
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

RE: Generic personalization

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Well, personalization on a user bases is a little bit outdated. I'm trying out on "personal roles" but I'm currently swamped with work.
The idea of "personal roles" goes one step beyond personalization. A user can have several personal roles based on the situation (context). For example, a user at work and at home can have different personalized roles.
thumbnail
12年前 に Ravi Kumar Gupta によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1302 参加年月日: 09/06/24 最新の投稿
Hi Hitoshi,

Are you saying that - If a user is at home then he access Liferay then can see in a different way but the same user when opens LR at workplace then LR has a different view (after personalization.. )

Can you please describe in detail. It looks interesting and What's your approach?

-Ravi
thumbnail

Yes. Furthermore, users should be able to choose their "personalities" too. :-)

I'm building a platform.
thumbnail
12年前 に Ravi Kumar Gupta によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1302 参加年月日: 09/06/24 最新の投稿
Hmm.. looks great. All the best. Definitely want to see that in action.
thumbnail
12年前 に Tomáš Polešovský によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 676 参加年月日: 09/02/13 最新の投稿
Hi Hitoshi

I don't know if personalization is outdated or not, I know that it's used by customers and missing in the portal emoticon

Your idea is interesting for me in scope of social-oriented web. Are you going to make your platform public, I mean open source?
thumbnail

I'm trying to find a place where I can do actual development. The current company frowns upon it.
12年前 に Timmy M. によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 34 参加年月日: 10/03/02 最新の投稿
If you want to have personalization options, it really should be flexible enough. I've implemented this already a couple of times, in following forms:

1) Simplest: added a multi-selection list to each structure, which contained a 'profile' attribute on which was filtered
2) Added a rule engine to Liferay, and each Portlet could define the rule (based on user attributes or roles) in the PortletPreferences

It would be better if we could have a rule editor in which we can define the general rules, so that we can override these on a Portlet specific setting.
An online, realtime, editor for these rules would even be cooler.
11年前 に Saurabh Gupta によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 23 参加年月日: 12/09/24 最新の投稿
Hi Tim,
i am creating the page dynamically and setting the some portlet on that page but this protlet should not be visible to Guest and it should be visible to some user based on specific Roles. how can i do this?

Thanks in advance for helping.