掲示板

Process of linking issues to release versions

12年前 に Jan Tošovský によって更新されました。

Process of linking issues to release versions

Liferay Master 投稿: 566 参加年月日: 10/07/22 最新の投稿
Hello Everyone,

maybe off-topic here, but when the following JIRA search is performed:
project = LPS AND status = Open AND affectedVersion = "6.1.0 B3" AND FixVersion is empty
there are over 100 issues not listed anywhere in default reports http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS/fixforversion/10655 - as there is missing info for which release they are planned.

What is destiny of these issues and are they ever planned to be fixed in the future?

Regards,
Jan
thumbnail
12年前 に Jorge Ferrer によって更新されました。

RE: Process of linking issues to release versions

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2871 参加年月日: 06/08/31 最新の投稿
Hi Jan,

I will double check with Cynthia but I would say that some of them have just been created after the B3 release and they haven't been reviewed and some others were reported for previous betas and moved into this one so that they are most probably still an issue.

I'm not sure if the Community Verifier program has started yet, but it would be a huge help to review all these tickets. I'll ask James.
thumbnail
12年前 に James Falkner によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1399 参加年月日: 10/09/17 最新の投稿
Jan Tošovský:
Hello Everyone,

maybe off-topic here, but when the following JIRA search is performed:
project = LPS AND status = Open AND affectedVersion = "6.1.0 B3" AND FixVersion is empty
there are over 100 issues not listed anywhere in default reports http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS/fixforversion/10655 - as there is missing info for which release they are planned.

What is destiny of these issues and are they ever planned to be fixed in the future?

Regards,
Jan

When 6.1.0 B3 was released, we renamed the "6.1.x" JIRA version (which represented trunk) to "6.1.0 B3" - because this is the new trunk (it has not yet branched) - we did this so that the "affected versions" field did not need to be updated for every bug filed against 6.1.x and going forward do not need to be continually updated in the hundreds of tickets that will come in from the community.

So, bugs in this list are those that were filed against 6.1.x. The bugs in this list are the ones that we have triaged, and determined to fix in the final 6.1 GA release.

So the destiny of those "delta bugs" (those that do not appear in the second list) is unchanged since the 6.1.x->6.1.0B3 rename : they will be handled in the same way we handle all the other bugs filed against trunk - evaluated, and moved into a fix bucket as resources allow.
12年前 に Jan Tošovský によって更新されました。

Liferay Master 投稿: 566 参加年月日: 10/07/22 最新の投稿
Dear James,

thanks for your explanation. I was afraid they were overlooked somehow as some of them are quite old and some of them major (the latter IMHO seems to be quite strange). And knowing there are also target groups like Product backlog and Issues Backlog I thought if they wouldn't be planned to fix, they would end in these targets at least. That uncertain destiny alarmed me a bit as there are several bugs reported by me, some of them blockers (e.g. handling subscriptions) in my upcoming project and the release of 6.1 is approaching quickly...

Ok, I'll be more patient. Btw, none of bugs in the first list is also in the second list (caused by the nature of FixForVersion condition).
I am glad for your feedback, it is much clearer now. Thanks again.

Regards,
Jan