掲示板

I need to create a Request form and assign it to a workflow, How ?

12年前 に cristiano fontes によって更新されました。

I need to create a Request form and assign it to a workflow, How ?

New Member 投稿: 6 参加年月日: 11/09/05 最新の投稿
My problem :

I have to create a project creation form.

This form should have all kinds of fields auto populated and some not, it should also be in a workflow of approvals and after all is approved I should start on liferay an automated task to create a community(here they are used as projects) and a SVN for the project.

But I cannot find a easy way to do that using liferay( this is a POC, if I can do it easly enough we will adopt liferay as our portal)

I know I can make a webcontent have a structure that is a form that will fill a template, but that doesn't look like the right way, because I need data to be populated from a DB in the form and other personallized stuff.

So I thought about creating my own asset(a Request Form one), and I am founding very frustrating that there is almost none info about this topic, I only found this Asset Framework and it's not even helping a lot., it only tells me what assets should do to become publishable, but I cannot even get what an asset is... is it a portlet? deployed like one ? what are it's requisites ? is there an Interface for it ?

Is there any tutorial or book chapter about, the steps to create your own custom assets that can be used in a workflow ?

Is there any simpler solution to my request form problem ?

Liferay would be great for my project if there was an easy way to build this form. because I need it's workflow capabilities and CMS.

Thanks !
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

RE: I need to create a Request form and assign it to a workflow, How ?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
I'm not sure if this will fulful your requirement, but have you checked into using Expando with Web Content + Structure?

http://www.liferay.com/web/raymond.auge/blog/-/blogs/715049/maximized

Thanks, I took a look at it but it's not what I was hoping to find as a solution.

It still looks too much trouble for not a so complicated thing (request form)

Is there any other way ? do you know any example of a custom asset like a web content mod, that work with workflows ?

Thanks !
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
The other choice as you've already stated is to create your own resource.
thumbnail
12年前 に Samir Gami によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 162 参加年月日: 11/02/04 最新の投稿
cristiano fontes:
Is there any tutorial or book chapter about, the steps to create your own custom assets that can be used in a workflow ?!

You can apply workflow to any custom asserts, Chack this..

revert for any query/confusion.

Thanks this helps a little more.

Ok, but what is a Custom Asset ? that's my problem now.

How can I build one... I cannot find this info anywhere.
thumbnail
12年前 に jelmer kuperus によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1191 参加年月日: 10/03/10 最新の投稿
Blogs, Wiki pages, Web content items are all asset types. This means that you can associate tags and categories to them and that these items can be listed in the asset publisher portlet, among other things.

The ability to add tags is functionality that is common across many entities so it's abstracted away to this concept of an asset.
If it wasn't then every entity would have to maintain its own mappings to tags and categories and there would be no easy way to query for things like "give me a list of all assets that have the tag featured"

How it's implemented behind the scenes is that for every entry in lets say, the BlogEntry table, an Entry in the assetEntry table is made that points to the blogEntry. Those two entries need to be kept in sync. So for instance when you delete a BlogEntry, it's associated AssetEntry needs to be removed as well

So how do you built a custom asset? You create a sibling AssetEntry record when you create your own entity, you update it when you update your own entity and you delete it when you delete your own entity. You'll be using the assetEntryLocalService for that