Liferay Mobile Device Detection Enterprise
- Liferay Portal 6.2 EE GA1+
- Liferay DXP 7.0+
- Liferay DXP 7.1+
- Liferay Portal 6.1 EE GA2+
- 1 Instance Unit $ 3.000,00 USD
- 1 Instance Unit $ 500,00 USD
- Subscription Services: This app offers support, maintenance, and updates.
- Enterprise Subscribers Only: Find out how to get a subscription.
This app enables Liferay to detect which mobile device or operating system is being used for any given request and alters the layout/rendering of pages based on the detected device. Once installed, you can define new mobile device rules and apply them to sites and individual pages. The proportion of mobile devices users browsing the web has been steadily increasing so it's important to be able to handle different kinds of devices appropriately. For instance, you can configure the look and feel of Liferay pages accessed by smart phone or tablet users differently than those accessed by PC users. Both sites and individual pages can be configured with any number of rule groups designed to describe a group of devices. It can contain one or more rules that describe a category of devices, such as all android devices or all iOS tablets. Rule groups can be prioritized to determine which one will be applied to a given page request. You can define as many rules as you need to classify all the devices you want to take actions on. The device database in this app includes approximately 600,000 device combinations (device, software, and browser combinations) and 200 properties.
This app installs as a Liferay service. Users must first install Liferay Mobile Device Detection Lite before installing the enterprise version. When deployed on Liferay Digital Enterprise 7.0, this app requires the installation of the Liferay Digital Enterprise 7.0 Fix Pack 30 or higher.
SUPPORT & UPDATES:
Only the Enterprise Edition (EE) version of this app comes with the latest device database. Additionally, customers with valid licenses are entitled to monthly updates to the device database - the updated app will be available monthly via the Liferay Marketplace. Enterprise level support is provided for Gold and Platinum Liferay Portal subscribers.
Upon purchasing the Enterprise version, you may use use Liferay’s Enterprise Support Application (LESA) to report any issues. When creating a ticket, please select the "Mobile Device Detection” Product.
Limited subscribers may have their designated contacts request updates by contacting email@example.com.
- LPS-70728 As a portal admin, I would like to trigger an upgrade of the 51degrees data file.
- LPS-74544 SourceFormatter improvements
- LPS-75049 Drop support for "provided" configuration in gradle-plugins-defaults and move to "compileOnly"
- LPS-75216 Separate MDD data provider out to separate module and add portal profile support
- LPS-77425 Create a task to increase all major versions of modules and portal artifacts
- LPS-80309 Fix missing dependency in FiftyOneDegreesEnterpriseDataFileProvider
- LPS-81106 Update SF to apply commercial copyright for private apps
- LPS-82065 Update the private Nexus user
- LPS-84119 SourceFormatter improvements
- LPS-85765 Create a jar that includes all "*-api" portal jars