If there is a feature on this list that is important to you, please leave a comment stating so OR vote (thumbs up) for someone else's comment. The more votes a given feature has, the more likely it is to be included.
If you think something is missing please feel free to add it in accordance with the guildelines on the front page.
Here are the suggesstions on the improvement of chat plugin.... If I've missed something, please feel free to add it in.
- An option to see the chat history for individuals ( already it is maintained in the database)
- Ability for administrator to have functionality in the control panel to extract chat history
- Provision for Delete option on chat history for individuals ( turn on/off by administrator) <-- I would change this so that the user can delete it from *their* view but it's still maintained and the admin or omni-admin can still extract it.
- Word filter that can be turned on (see below)
- Ability to configure and use other instant messenger accounts (MSN, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.)
- Ability to send and receive messages via SMS
- An option to send offline messages to the friends.(also a copy to be sent to mail)
- This option must be enabled by the individual only whether he wants to accept offline messages from other friends (A permission like Accept Offline Messages)
- Provide a much better alert for new chats coming in, especially also when the window does not have the focus (chat requests are often missed by users)
- Ability to log in in "stealth mode" so that you are invisible to other users
- Ability to block other users selectively
- Ability to report inappropriate messages to a designated moderator or administrator
- Resizable message window
- Able to send a "nudge" or "buzz"
- Being Able to group my contacts and expand or contract groups
- Ability to create multiuser chats
- Ability to broadcast to users via chat
- Control panel customization of chat for CSS, images, etc.
- Ability to supress links to the outside
- Ability to configure the maximum displayed users and a scrollable window.