Doug Molineux
Chat Configuration
28 marzo 2011 10.48
Risposta

Doug Molineux

Punteggio: Junior Member

Data di Iscrizione: 5 gennaio 2011

Messaggi recenti

Is there any configuration options available for the Chat Portlet?

Specifically I wanted to restrict user-visibility to organization,

So that users of different organizations will not see users of other organizations in the Online Friends list,

Thanks!
SZ khan
RE: Chat Configuration
28 marzo 2011 15.02
Risposta

SZ khan

Punteggio: Regular Member

Data di Iscrizione: 31 ottobre 2009

Messaggi recenti

Similar discussion is here

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/8038994
Hitoshi Ozawa
28 marzo 2011 20.36
Risposta

Hitoshi Ozawa

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 23 marzo 2010

Messaggi recenti

I think the easiest way is just to make a community that has all members of an organization.
Personally, since there are full employee, part time employee, and contracted workers in an organization, it's better to create communities for these type and restrict access.
Hitoshi Ozawa
28 marzo 2011 20.37
Risposta

Hitoshi Ozawa

Messaggi recenti

I think the easiest way is just to make a community that has all members of an organization.
Personally, since there are full employee, part time employee, and contracted workers in an organization, it's better to create communities for these type and restrict access.
Gar Bowning
2 gennaio 2013 1.57
Risposta

Gar Bowning

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 24 novembre 2012

Messaggi recenti

Hi,
On the subject of Chat configuration, does anyone know of a definitive procedure to set this up?

I have downloaded Openfire server, it is currently running on the same server as my Liferay, I have downloded the liferay chat from the market place, and all I get is either a constant spinning hour glass next to on-line friends, or a occasionally get the message of 1 friend on-line when I am testing with a friend, but immediately it seizes up.

I am also not sure whether the configuration settings are in portal-ext.properties, or in portlet-ext.properties, and if it is the latter whether it is stored in /src or /class of the chat portlet?

if someone at least can let me know this location, and I can focus on the correct area.
Thanks,
Gary
Hitoshi Ozawa
2 gennaio 2013 6.04
Risposta

Hitoshi Ozawa

Messaggi recenti

Sorry Gar but I don't see how your question pertain to the topic of this thread. If you have a new question, please create a new thread as is written in the forum guideline.