6 aprile 2009 15.04
Risposta

K Pink

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 3 aprile 2009

Messaggi recenti

HI
New to Liferay and am having some problems with Wikis
I have a wiki set up on my community public page. I can see the content and add there no problem. I had 3 nodes.
I then changed the scope from Community to default and all but the node Main (first one) disappeared)
I set it back and then added the wiki display portlet to the Guest Public page. nothing displays. Permissions are fine (view set for guest). If I click the details button I get an error wiki page not found. This happens regardless of the scope of the wiki.
AM I doing something wrong here or is this a bug
Thanks
K Pink
RE: Some Wiki issues in 5.2.2
6 aprile 2009 17.10
Risposta

K Pink

Messaggi recenti

I also noticed that you cannot have a wiki (or node name) that contains a numeric character. is this by design? I get a message invalid Name but if I remove any numbers it saves fine????
Amos Fong
6 aprile 2009 17.51
Risposta

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 7 ottobre 2008

Messaggi recenti

I/m not sure I've followed everything you did so I'll try to explain.

I then changed the scope from Community to default and all but the node Main (first one) disappeared)

This is because there always has to be at least one node. If none is found, it creates the one called Main. Configurable through this property:

#
# Set the name of the default node that will be automatically created when
# the Wiki portlet is first used in a community.
#
wiki.initial.node.name=Main

I set it back and then added the wiki display portlet to the Guest Public page. nothing displays. Permissions are fine (view set for guest)

When you add the wiki display, it should ask you to configure it so you can point it to one of your nodes. I think there is a bug in 5.2.2 where only Administrators can see this portlet to configure it. Are you logging in as an Administrator?

If I click the details button I get an error wiki page not found. This happens regardless of the scope of the wiki.

Where did you click details on? I do not get erros when i click details on any of my wiki pages.

Also I was able to add a wiki with all numbers correctly. Not sure why you cannot. Did you change this property in portal-ext.properties?

wiki.page.titles.regexp=
K Pink
8 aprile 2009 12.59
Risposta

K Pink

Messaggi recenti

This is because there always has to be at least one node. If none is found, it creates the one called Main. Configurable through this property:

#
# Set the name of the default node that will be automatically created when
# the Wiki portlet is first used in a community.
#
wiki.initial.node.name=Main

I did not create a new wiki, I just changed the scope so why did the pages disappear?

I set it back and then added the wiki display portlet to the Guest Public page. nothing displays. Permissions are fine (view set for guest)

When you add the wiki display, it should ask you to configure it so you can point it to one of your nodes. I think there is a bug in 5.2.2 where only Administrators can see this portlet to configure it. Are you logging in as an Administrator?

When will this bug be fixed. It seems that the wiki display is useless without at as anyone you want to just be able to see wikis would most likely not be an administrator.

If I click the details button I get an error wiki page not found. This happens regardless of the scope of the wiki.

Where did you click details on? I do not get erros when i click details on any of my wiki pages.

IN Wiki Display when logged in as a non admin user (there is no info displayed) but you do have a details button.

Also I was able to add a wiki with all numbers correctly. Not sure why you cannot. Did you change this property in portal-ext.properties?

wiki.page.titles.regexp=

I have not modified any code. It is a vanilla 5.2.2 install

Thanks
Amos Fong
8 aprile 2009 14.55
Risposta

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Messaggi recenti

K Pink:

I did not create a new wiki, I just changed the scope so why did the pages disappear?

Oh sorry, I had thought you knew what scoping was. Basically it means all data in the wiki is scoped to that page. So all your data disappeared because it is scoped to default. Change the scope back and you get all your data back. Read Jorge's blog for a better explanation (http://www.liferay.com/web/jferrer/blog/-/blogs/2270830)

When will this bug be fixed. It seems that the wiki display is useless without at as anyone you want to just be able to see wikis would most likely not be an administrator.

I think you misunderstood me. Only the administrator can see it to configure it. Once configured everyone can see it. But I was actually mistaken, this only happens in latest revision so it is not relevant to you. So you can ignore that comment.

IN Wiki Display when logged in as a non admin user (there is no info displayed) but you do have a details button.

I think I see what happened, you scoped the wiki display portlet. It looks like Wiki Display doesn't scope properly and it is a bug.
K Pink
9 aprile 2009 11.21
Risposta

K Pink

Messaggi recenti

Can you please tell me how I can set up a wiki on my page (as an administrator) scoped for that page, and then define the wiki display in the guest community.
Thanks
Amos Fong
9 aprile 2009 14.51
Risposta

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Messaggi recenti

It looks like the Wiki Display portlet doesn't scope properly, so I opened a ticket http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-2856.

For now you shouldn't use scoping with the wiki. Just add the wiki to your private page in the guest community (must be in same community as wiki display). Then add the configure the Wiki Display to the page you want.
K Pink
9 aprile 2009 15.48
Risposta

K Pink

Messaggi recenti

thanks but then only one person can update the wiki. My desire was to have the wiki on a public page of a community that the people who update the wiki will have access to and then use the display in guest. Are you telling me this cannot done? If not, when will the bug be fixed as this is quite important to us
THanks
Amos Fong
9 aprile 2009 16.01
Risposta

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Messaggi recenti

Wiki Display can only display wiki pages on the community is on. So if you have it on a guest page, then your WIki needs to be on a guest page somewhere (public or private). You can submit improvement tickets at http://issues.liferay.com to add functionality you would like to see and someone will try to look at it according to their schedules.
K Pink
9 aprile 2009 16.13
Risposta

K Pink

Messaggi recenti

I tried this and the problem is that anyone with Guest access gets the same Guest private page so they can make changes to the wiki. I only want specific internal users to be able to update thus the desire to have it in a different community.
Amos Fong
10 aprile 2009 11.18
Risposta

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Messaggi recenti

One possibility is to remove permission to update wiki from community members and create a new role and only assign certain members to that role.
K Pink
10 aprile 2009 11.20
Risposta

K Pink

Messaggi recenti

It seems with this workaround (having the wiki in a private page of the same community) does not resolve the issue for me. i want specfic users to update the wiki (not all community members) Does that mean I need to create specific roles?
This seems to be getting quite involved. What was the original design intent of the Wiki display? Am I not using it as intended?
Should i be using a different feature?
Thanks
Amos Fong
10 aprile 2009 11.29
Risposta

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Messaggi recenti

The design of the Wiki DIsplay is to display a wiki page from the current community (not from any community. Possible security issues).

You can create a new community role and only assign members you want to update the wiki to it. Then in the Wiki permissions, give this role the ability to update the wiki.
Senthil Chockalingam
RE: Wiki Permissions Doubts
28 giugno 2010 5.40
Risposta

Senthil Chockalingam

Punteggio: Junior Member

Data di Iscrizione: 18 gennaio 2010

Messaggi recenti

Dear Team,

we've gave view permission for the end user to access the WIKI, But that user can Edit the Wiki and he can revert the previous Version also(i.e for end user revert option also working). Please help us on.

Actually i want only give the View Access to End User. And for particualr user i want to give updated permission. it's is possible to keep the Revert option for Admin(Owner)?
this.emoticonemoticon