Peter Sun
Add application and portlet remove button do not respond in IE8
31 dicembre 2012 6.27
Risposta

Peter Sun

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 2 aprile 2012

Messaggi recenti

I was adding developed portlets to my default user private page. As the number of added portlets got to 13, "Add Application", "Manage" or portlet "Remove" button, didn't respond anymore when being clicked, kind of freezed; before 13, the buttons and links were responding well. "Log out" link was fine. Browser was IE8. The portlet was instanceable, with a compiled size of around 1.9M.

With Goolge Chrome or FireFox, I had no problem at all.

One thing I noticed, was that with IE8, lots of memory was consumed, around 150M. With Goolgle Chrome, it was just 50M.

Is there a maximum size per page? If any, where to specify it?
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Add application and portlet remove button do not respond in IE8
31 dicembre 2012 6.35
Risposta

Hitoshi Ozawa

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 23 marzo 2010

Messaggi recenti

No, there isn't any maximum number of portlets can be placed on a page. Try adding just liferay's standard portlets if you get any error. Also, check your pc memory and cpu usage.
Peter Sun
31 dicembre 2012 10.07
Risposta

Peter Sun

Punteggio: New Member

Data di Iscrizione: 2 aprile 2012

Messaggi recenti

Hitoshi Ozawa:
No, there isn't any maximum number of portlets can be placed on a page. Try adding just liferay's standard portlets if you get any error. Also, check your pc memory and cpu usage.

Thanks.

It seemed the Java script call "Liferay.LayoutConfiguration.toggle('87')" and "Liferay.portlet.Remove(...)" didn't respond as the number of portlets increased in IE8, I was using EE 6.1 GA2.

The functions were defined in .../html/js/Liferay/layout_configuration.js and .../html/js/Liferay/portlet.js, they were Liferay's.

Can not figure out why while the number was small, the Java scripts responded; while the number was big, they didn't.

Google Chrome and Firefox were always working well.
Hitoshi Ozawa
31 dicembre 2012 18.30
Risposta

Hitoshi Ozawa

Punteggio: Liferay Legend

Data di Iscrizione: 23 marzo 2010

Messaggi recenti

I just tested on liferay 6.1.0 GA1 tomcat bundle with IE and didn't have any problem even with over 20 portlets. Sorry but can't reproduce.