Forums de discussion

I am/wannabe a translation leader!

thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modifié il y a 13 années.

I am/wannabe a translation leader!

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi everyone,

since today (view announcement here), everyone can login in translate.liferay.com using their liferay account credentials and start suggesting translations in our Pootle server. However, only the translation leaders will be able to approve the suggestions or make final translations. (More information in this page: Translating Liferay Using Pootle)

You can find the list of translation leaders in this page: Translation Team

If you are a translation leader, please log into translate.liferay.com (this way your account will be created) and afterwards post a comment in this category so that we can grant you the permissions to approve the translations to your language.

If you are not a translation leader but you would like to be the leader of a language let us know too.

Thanks a lot everyone!
thumbnail
Kyrre Myrbostad, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: I am/wannabe a translation leader!

Junior Member Publications: 37 Date d'inscription: 21/01/09 Publications récentes
Looks very nice! Signing in as translation leader for norwegian language.
thumbnail
Kyrre Myrbostad, modifié il y a 12 années.

Junior Member Publications: 37 Date d'inscription: 21/01/09 Publications récentes
Hi,
it seems there is a misunderstanding in the pootle setup for norwegian language. In norway we have two (quite similar) written languages. They are both official, but the most widely used one is called "bokmål". This is the one that is translated for Liferay as of today. In addition, we have a language called "nynorsk". We also have a small minority of people that speak a very much different language called "samisk".

So to get it right:
1. Change the label on the current language to "Norsk Bokmål" or "Norwegian Bokmål" if you prefer.
2. Later on, if someone wants to do the job (or if we get more resources), we can add the two other languages (nynorsk and samisk).
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi Kyrre,

I just changed it, can you verify it is fine now?

Thanks a lot for lettings us know!
thumbnail
Kyrre Myrbostad, modifié il y a 12 années.

Looks fine now, thanks!
thumbnail
Tobias S. Käfer, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 128 Date d'inscription: 28/03/08 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,

I have just signed into pootle.
Thanks for improving the translation process.

Cheers
Tobias
thumbnail
Milan Palian, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 43 Date d'inscription: 10/12/09 Publications récentes
Just signed in.

Please create a Slovene language in Pootle, giving me something to lead and translate emoticon
Tomaž Kreševič, modifié il y a 12 années.

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 01/11/10 Publications récentes
I would also like to contribute to Slovene translation.
thumbnail
Milan Palian, modifié il y a 12 années.

Junior Member Publications: 43 Date d'inscription: 10/12/09 Publications récentes
Tomaž Kreševič:
I would also like to contribute to Slovene translation.

You are most welcome, I am working on the initial upload, which will be coming shortly, I hope you can help develop it.
thumbnail

Hey Milan,

there is already an initial contribution in trunk! You should be using pootle to update it instead of working on the properties file.... let me know if there has been any misunderstanding or you didn't know about it.

thank you!
thumbnail
Milan Palian, modifié il y a 12 années.

Julio,

thanks for the info, I will have a look.
thumbnail

Hey Milan,

If you already started working on the properties file, you can also upload that file using Pootle. Let me know if you have any problem or question with this tool.

Thanks a lot!
thumbnail

Hi Tomaz,

now you can submit slovene translations in Pootle too.

Thanks a lot!
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1313 Date d'inscription: 03/10/06 Publications récentes
I signed up for dutch translations.
And yes indeed also many thanks to Julio.
thumbnail
Marcella van den Berg, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 31/01/10 Publications récentes
Sign me up for dutch translation too please.
thumbnail
Borxa Varela Bouzas, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 69 Date d'inscription: 26/12/06 Publications récentes
I signed up for galician translations.
Jyotsna Bhati, modifié il y a 12 années.

Error in creating the JVM

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 02/11/11 Publications récentes
While staring the tomcat it displayed error in creating the JVM and not sufficient space for heap.
Can anyone help what to do
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: Error in creating the JVM

Liferay Legend Publications: 6396 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Jyotsna Bhati:
While staring the tomcat it displayed error in creating the JVM and not sufficient space for heap.

Please take the time to post this question in an appropriate place in its own thread - who's supposed to find the problem and the solution in a discussion about translation issues?
thumbnail
Ashitaba YOSHIOKA, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 27 Date d'inscription: 18/11/09 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,

I've just sign up for Japanese translation.
Thanks!
thumbnail

Thank you guys for being so fast! emoticon

We have given you the permissions for managing your language now. When translating a key now you should see the "submit" button below "suggest".

Let me know if you have any problem!

We have started creating the projects for all the plugins and we will be adding the portal in the next week if everything goes fine.
Dmitry Babain, modifié il y a 13 années.

Trouble accessing russian Terminology project

Regular Member Publications: 238 Date d'inscription: 23/11/08 Publications récentes
Project "Terminology (system project)" is available to me for choosing via

http://translate.liferay.com/pootle/accounts/edit/

(i think that this is the new name for "Liferay Portal", mentioned here http://www.liferay.com/es/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Translating+Liferay+using+Pootle)

I'be chosen all projects, saved the result.

But there is no project "Terminology ..." in my dashboard

http://translate.liferay.com/pootle/accounts/dmitry.babain/

also, there is no russian language section in project "Terminology ..." when i go there directly.

http://translate.liferay.com/pootle/projects/terminology/

Am i missing something?emoticon
thumbnail

RE: Trouble accessing russian Terminology project

Hi Dmitry,

the project terminology is something that Pootle has by default which includes a list of predefined words. It is not the portal project.

This terminology will be used to offer you help when translating sentences. We have not included the portal project yet as it is very big. We first want to test how everything goes with the plugins and if everything goes fine we will include the portal in the following weeks.

You should be able to submit translations for russian now for any of the plugins.

thanks a lot!
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 128 Date d'inscription: 28/03/08 Publications récentes
The Liferay Projekt is missing for German!
http://translate.liferay.com/pootle/de/portal/
thumbnail

Hi Tobias,

we don't have Portal project yet in any language, we will add it in the following weeks if everything goes fine with Pootle.

cheers
thumbnail

Pottle works like charm.
I translated all those missing things, within a very short time.

I have one issue:
The translation for the WSRP seams to be broken. I did some translations and all of the sudden it stopped working for WSRP.
When I try to open this page nothing is displayed.

Any hints?
thumbnail

Hi Tobias,

I had seen this bug in Pootle before. The way I had to solve it is just change the number of items paginated in my settings. (Change it to 4 for example, and then you will be able to translate those keys). Hopefully the next version of pootle will solve this problem.

cheers
thumbnail
Thiago Leão Moreira, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1449 Date d'inscription: 10/10/07 Publications récentes
Hey Julio,

Assign me to pt_BR.

Hasta!
thumbnail

Thanks Julio.
That worked for me.
thumbnail
Esa Hekmat, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 13 Date d'inscription: 13/03/12 Publications récentes
Hi
I wanna help to complete Persian Translation.
is it enough to suggest in pootle?
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 143 Date d'inscription: 14/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Esa,

first of all, we want to thank you for your cooperation.

Let me write a few words about the collaboration process. Each language has one or more leaders, or person that is able to submit translations in Pootle and review suggestions as well. In contrast, we have a contributor role aimed at allowing anyone to collaborate by suggesting translations. By dafault, any new pootle user is a collaboator. Please note that suggestions can be approved, ignored or denied by leaders.

If a collaborator works for a while and gets a lot of suggestions approved, he/she or any leader can request us to turn him/her into a leader. In this case, we ask leaders and, if they agree, we assign the necessary permissions to allow that person to translate.

If you need more details or want to talk to the current Persian leader, write me to daniel.sanz @ liferay.com

Thanks so much!
Mohd Zaki Raup, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 17/02/14 Publications récentes
Hi there,

I'm willing to add translation for Bahasa Melayu (Malay) for Liferay. But I can't login the pootle using screen name.
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 143 Date d'inscription: 14/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Zacx Akira,

are you Mohd Zaki Raup? I think I've answered you by email but wanted to double-check

Thanks
Zacx Akira, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 30/06/13 Publications récentes
Yup. TQ
And oanother thing, I've sent you email for Malay language properties to suggest to put into Pootle
thumbnail

Hi Zacx Akira,

thanks for your contribution, we really appreciate it.

Adding a language to the portal requires a set of steps besides adding it to pootle. I'd say that pootle is the last step in the chain. I'll notify Language Product Manager to let him know about this and start the approval process.

Thank so much
Daniel
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1744 Date d'inscription: 06/11/08 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,

For Hindi translation, I had submitted some suggestions ages back. How to check if they are accepted or rejected. I believe they are neither accepted nor rejected.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Davide Rossi, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 55 Date d'inscription: 03/07/10 Publications récentes
Hi Julio,
Denis Signoretto and I are collaborating to the Italian Translation heavily. At the moment Denis is the only one with reviewing - leader roles. Could you please assign me as leader to. He has asked me to ask you again... :-) Just to many reviews to take care of...
Must say I also asked Daniel at the same time via email...
Thank you...
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz, modifié il y a 11 années.

Hi Davide,

you should be able now to translate terms in Pootle. Please let us know if there is any problem

Regards,
Daniel.
thumbnail
Davide Rossi, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 55 Date d'inscription: 03/07/10 Publications récentes
Hi Daniel, Thanks...
thumbnail
Tiur LG //Softbless, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 11/06/10 Publications récentes
Hi Daniel,

I'm the leader for Indonesian Language Translation.

I'm trying to login to pootle :
http://translate.liferay.com/pootle/accounts/login/

I tried : my account, and my email and my password, but failed. Then i tried forgot password, but it is saying :
That e-mail address doesn't have an associated user account. Are you sure you've registered?

Please help me with this, because i'm currently active in Indonesian Language translation. And we plan finish the remaining words.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6396 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Hi Tiur,
for pootle you need the screen name (in your case, this is "tiur") and your password from liferay.com - then it should work.
Cheers,
Olaf
thumbnail
Tiur LG //Softbless, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 11/06/10 Publications récentes
Hi I already used my screen name, and previously it's working well, and I didn't put wrong password.

I've emailed Daniel regarding this, and send him the required information, but I still don't get any updates. Kindly help.
thumbnail

I played a little with pottle. It looks quite nice and it should do its job.

Just one thing:
There are the translations for some Portlets and the "Terminology", but where is the main Liferay translation?
Did I miss something?
Dmitry Babain, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 238 Date d'inscription: 23/11/08 Publications récentes
Signing in as translation leader for russian language.
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1313 Date d'inscription: 03/10/06 Publications récentes
emoticonLogin is not by emailaddress but screennameemoticon
Sabit Sayeed, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 31/03/11 Publications récentes
I don't see Bengali (bn_BD) in the list of languages in Liferay. Should I submit a patch with initial translation or can an admin add it in Pootle, so I can start the translation process from there?

Thanks.
thumbnail

Hi Sabit,

we don't have support for Bengali in Liferay yet because we didn't have any translator for this language. Would you like to be the leader of this translation?

If so, I could generate the files for you so that you can start translating from Pootle. If you already have a Language.properties for the language it would be welcome anyway. If you don't have it you could start from the Pootle UI.

cheers!
Sabit Sayeed, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 31/03/11 Publications récentes
Julio Camarero:
Hi Sabit,

we don't have support for Bengali in Liferay yet because we didn't have any translator for this language. Would you like to be the leader of this translation?

If so, I could generate the files for you so that you can start translating from Pootle. If you already have a Language.properties for the language it would be welcome anyway. If you don't have it you could start from the Pootle UI.

cheers!

I could certainly be the translation leader for bn_BD. I don't have a lang.prop file, so I would really appreciate you generating them emoticon
thumbnail

Hi Sabit,

in order to start a new language we would need an initial contribution to the language file.

You can start the translation from this file: Language.properties (username: guest / password: )

We don't need you to finish that file to make the first contribution, actually, I would recommend you that once we have 200 keys we can include the translation and keep working from there. Once we move to Pootle you can go on with Pootle.

So, can you let us know in this forum when you are ready to make your first contribution? I will help you with the next steps to follow afterwards.

Thanks a lot!
thumbnail
Leo PRATLONG, modifié il y a 12 années.

Expert Publications: 363 Date d'inscription: 06/07/10 Publications récentes
Hi!

Can you register me as French translation leader please? There are many translations to approve.
thumbnail

Hi Leo,

Thank you very much for volunteering for the French Language! I just gave you permissions to approve translations in pootle. Please, make sure to subscribe to the translation forums (top right link at this page) in order to be informed of the latest news about translations and release dates.

Cheers!