Forums de discussion

How to format phone number?

thumbnail
Andrej Litowka, modifié il y a 13 années.

How to format phone number?

Junior Member Publications: 79 Date d'inscription: 30/06/10 Publications récentes
Hello all,

I'm using liferay 6.0.2 and adding phone numbers in a portlet with PhoneServiceUtil.updatePhone or PhoneServiceUtil.addPhone. Even if I enter the phone number as e.g. +49 (0) 111 222 333 it will be saved in the table Phone as 49111222333 and also shown on the page like this. I would save the phone number in the same format as I entered it in the form. The field Phone.number_ is a VARCHAR, so it should be possible. Is there any liferay build-in functionality to save the numbers in my own format? How I can configure this? If not, is the only possibility to format phone numbers to implement own PhoneNumberFormat? Currently only USAPhoneNumberFormat is available. There is no formater for Europe.

Thanks and regards,
Andrej
A. Morgenröter, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: How to format phone number? (Réponse)

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 03/02/10 Publications récentes
Hello Andrej,

just set
##
## Format
##

#
# Set the location of the class that implements
# com.liferay.format.PhoneNumberFormat. This class will format phone
# numbers.
#
#com.liferay.util.format.PhoneNumberFormat=com.liferay.util.format.USAPhoneNumberFormat
com.liferay.util.format.PhoneNumberFormat=com.liferay.util.format.IdenticalPhoneNumberFormat

in your system-ext.properties and restart Liferay. Works fine using LP6 GA4.

Best Regards.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: How to format phone number?

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
com.liferay.util.format options are not comprehensive, of course neither are my phoneformat utils that I've been putting in a seperate *clientname*-utils that I export as jar to global classpath

there is a google libphonenumber (http://code.google.com/p/libphonenumber/) I am currently reviewing

are u experienced ? if so pls share... thx
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
The major problem with the current com.liferay.util.format is that I'm not able to specify different format for different locale. That is, if I have it in US format, I can't have Japanese format as well.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
yes Hitoshi, u have restated my wondering need

the chosen Borg takes time to assimilate
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
I've been adding country/lang attributes to jsp selections but I don't think I can do the same with phone number because a Japanese user may want to enter US phone number. I think I'll add a countryId parameter to a method to verify phone number. I'll put this in my backlog because I don't need it in a hurry.

Fall is the event time in Japan to get users to budget for next financial year. Kind of busy on this front lately.
Xav NYC, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 23 Date d'inscription: 27/09/12 Publications récentes
Hi the google phone number library does just that. https://code.google.com/p/libphonenumber/
It's a matter of integrating it to Liferay.
thumbnail

Thanks for the information. I think I'll be able to use that in my Japanese edition of liferay.
Καλλια Γαλιωτου, modifié il y a 5 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 15/11/18 Publications récentes

Hello,

i have similar problem using Liferay 7.0. And I cant find system-ext.properties file, in order to add 

com.liferay.util.format.PhoneNumberFormat=com.liferay.util.format.IdenticalPhoneNumberFormat

I am using Number in my form and the user can insert only 9 digits.

Any help?

Thanks.

thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modifié il y a 5 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1744 Date d'inscription: 06/11/08 Publications récentes

You have to create a property hook module specified here and then add the following property

phone.number.format.impl=com.liferay.portal.format.IdenticalPhoneNumberFormatImpl