Forums de discussion

Upgrading 6.1 (GA2) to 6.1 (GA3)

thumbnail
Raymund Sapon, modifié il y a 10 années.

Upgrading 6.1 (GA2) to 6.1 (GA3)

New Member Publications: 15 Date d'inscription: 27/04/11 Publications récentes
Hi,

Has anyone encountered any problems upgrading Liferay CE from 6.1 (GA2) to 6.1 (GA3)? I've been unable to upgrade our existing liferay 61. (GA2) to 6.1 (GA3).

The problem I encountered is that the new liferay does not upgrade the existing database but overwrites the data on the tables. I have copied the data folder and the portal-ext.properties to the new version.

I've been trying this for days but still no luck. Anyone who can help would be very much appreciated.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Upgrading 6.1 (GA2) to 6.1 (GA3)

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
Hi Raymund,

what bundle did you use for upgrading? You don't have to use the bundle which comes with some hooks for adding sample data.
thumbnail

Hi Juan,

The bundle I am using is liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.2-ce-ga3-20130816114619181.zip.

I downloaded this from the liferay download page.

By the way, how can I remove the hooks from adding sample data?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
Hi Raymund,

for upgrade you have to take care of what portlets you had before, so better not overwritting everything.

That said, I guess you have to delete the welcome-theme and resources-importer folders that resides in <TOMCAT>/webapps in that bundle.
thumbnail

Thank you Juan, will try your suggestion and post my results.
thumbnail

Hi Juan,

Still have no luck with the upgrade, version 6.1.2 still overwrites my 6.1.1 data.

I already remove welcome-theme and resource-importer folder.

By the way, I am using JDK 7. Will this affect the update? I beleive the version 6.1.1 only supports JDK 6.
thumbnail

Ok so let's rewind to the starting point.

What data is overwritten?
thumbnail
Wanderson Lacerda, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 28/11/12 Publications récentes
Raymund Sapon:
Hi Juan,

Still have no luck with the upgrade, version 6.1.2 still overwrites my 6.1.1 data.

I already remove welcome-theme and resource-importer folder.

By the way, I am using JDK 7. Will this affect the update? I beleive the version 6.1.1 only supports JDK 6.

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem.

Data overwritten:
- documents library files in following tables: dlfileentry,dlfilerank,dlfileshortcut,dlfileversion,dlfolder
- web contents: journalarticle,journalarticleimage,journalarticleresource,journalcontentsearch,journalfeed,journalstructure,journaltemplate

Your advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

Wanderson