Forums de discussion

Can't authenticate against Windows Server 2008 R2

thumbnail
Melvin Williams, modifié il y a 10 années.

Can't authenticate against Windows Server 2008 R2

New Member Publications: 20 Date d'inscription: 02/10/13 Publications récentes
Hello Everybody,

I've just installed liferay 6.1.2 CE on Jboss EAP 6.1. Now I'm trying to configure LDAP-authentication. Following this Wiki I managed to get the users imported from our domain controller. But I can't login using a domain users account. Any help would be appreciated.
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Can't authenticate against Windows Server 2008 R2

Liferay Master Publications: 529 Date d'inscription: 21/10/10 Publications récentes
Hey Melvin,

What error do you get? UI error, log from liferay or AD?
thumbnail

I can't see any errors. Neither in AD nor in liferay. Trying to login I get the error message: "Your request wasn't successful. Authentication failed" That may not be the correct translastion of what I am seeing. Does the AD need to be specialy configure for the use with liferay? In the Wiki I was using as source they used the userPassword attribute for mapping the passwords. But when I look at our users userPassword attributes their all empty
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 529 Date d'inscription: 21/10/10 Publications récentes
Hm. As far as I can remember unicodePWD is used in AD, perhaps you can map that attribute, but I had no chance to test it currently.
thumbnail

Further more, could you verify that your user is not inactive in AD when you try to login?

You could also check the LDAP and MS AD related section of portal.properties as well: http://docs.liferay.com/portal/6.1/propertiesdoc/portal.properties.html#LDAP
thumbnail

I solved the problem. The solution was hidden within the comments of the wiki. When I changed my search filter to "(&(objectCategory=person)(sAMAccountName=@screen_name@))" the import and the authentication worked fine. BTW the unicodePwd attribute is according to msdn never returned by a ldap search.
thumbnail

Hey Melvin,

These are good news!

Regards,
Vilmos
Gustavo Pimenta, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 5 Date d'inscription: 28/10/13 Publications récentes
Melvin Williams:
I solved the problem. The solution was hidden within the comments of the wiki. When I changed my search filter to "(&(objectCategory=person)(sAMAccountName=@screen_name@))" the import and the authentication worked fine. BTW the unicodePwd attribute is according to msdn never returned by a ldap search.

Hey Vilmos!!! I have no words for your help.
I took 3 days on google to found this solution. We must replicate it!!!

So let me place some tags on this post to help other like us. Just to let you know, I'm using the version 6.2 RC (and looks great).

Let me move to the NTLM and SSO.

Many than man!!

Tags: liferay authentication LDAP active directory works working windows 2008 r2 right parameters FIX solution solve works for me

emoticon
Gustavo Pimenta, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 5 Date d'inscription: 28/10/13 Publications récentes
FIXED!!!
It works!!!