Forums de discussion

Unable to create Liferay ADF portlet

thumbnail
Chandan Sharma, modifié il y a 10 années.

Unable to create Liferay ADF portlet

Junior Member Publications: 63 Date d'inscription: 28/05/12 Publications récentes
Hi,

I am trying to create ADF portlet in liferay, but not found any proper guide to follow. If anyone has done this please provide some guidence, it will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Chandan Sharma
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Unable to create Liferay ADF portlet

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
You can create a JSF portlet using maven archetypes:

mvn archetype:generate \
  -DarchetypeGroupId=com.liferay.maven.archetypes \
  -DarchetypeArtifactId=liferay-portlet-jsf-archetype \
  -DarchetypeVersion=6.1.2 \
  -DgroupId=com.mycompany.test \
  -DartifactId=test-jsf-portlet

or by using Liferay IDE.

Then you can add the ADF dependencies in your pom.xml files, and, if needed, follow instructions for ADF components.
K V S L Pavan Kumar, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 24/05/12 Publications récentes
Hi Juan Gonzalez,

I am also working on same thing, please suggest which and all dependencies required to create ADF portlet or share the pom.xml file if you have.

Thanks in advance.

Pavan.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
I didn't develop JSF with ADF components, but seems this pom should give some clues:

http://code.google.com/p/oracle-adf-build-deploy-maven/source/browse/ModelProjectPom.xml

Probaby those <scope> and <version> elements should be changed depending in your environment.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Unable to create Liferay ADF portlet (Réponse)

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
We have done some preliminary testing with ADF Faces and Liferay Faces Bridge, but currently it is not working.

Here are the known issues:

1. ADF Faces utilizes a custom version of Apache MyFaces Trinidad as a base. Trinidad is a dependency of the JSR 329 TCK that we use for testing. Consequently, we do have some experience with it, and have found that parts of Trinidad are not compatible with portlets.

2. ADF Faces does not namespace JavaScript functions, which can cause problems when more than one ADF Faces portlet is present on a portal page.

3. ADF Faces expects some request headers to be present that are not available in a portlet environment.

If we are able to make more progress with ADF Faces then we will report back on this thread to let you know.
thumbnail
Chandan Sharma, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 63 Date d'inscription: 28/05/12 Publications récentes
Thanks Neil for clarification.
K V S L Pavan Kumar, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 24/05/12 Publications récentes
Thank you Neil for your clarification.
Radhakrishna Chava, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 04/10/13 Publications récentes
Hi Neil,

We are trying to consume ADF Portlet (JSR 286) deployed in Webcenter through WSRP.
We are able to render the screen but we are unable to perform any action on the page. We are getting error like charater set issue.
Can you please let me know if i need to change any thing from Liferay to make it work?
Thanks in advance.

- Chava
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Hi Chava,

I am aware of a request parameter namespacing problem when Liferay Portal is used as a WSRP Consumer of portlets deployed in a WebLogic Portal producer, but I am not aware of any problems consuming WebCenter Portal producer, or the character set issue you mentioned. If you are a Liferay EE customer then the Liferay support team should be able to help you get the problem solved.

Kind Regards,

Neil
Hari babu, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 04/09/13 Publications récentes
Hi Radhakrishna Chava,

Is the issue resolved, request you to please update because we are also trying the same.
Request you to please provide the resolution,

-Hari