Forums de discussion

Importing Nested Groups In LDAP

Jack Bolous, modifié il y a 11 années.

Importing Nested Groups In LDAP

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 24/01/13 Publications récentes
We are currently using Liferay 6.1 and have LDAP configured with import by group and confirmed that users are coming in correctly. Groups are also being imported but when there is a nested group (i.e. a group within the group), Liferay is not assigning the users in this nested group to the parent group.

Is there a way to import the list of users in this subgroup without writing our own implementation of the LDAPImportUtil class?

Thanks,

-Jack
thumbnail
Patricia Draut, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Importing Nested Groups In LDAP

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 24/08/11 Publications récentes
Hi Jack,

Did you find a way to import the nested groups yet? I know it's been some time, but I've been searching for the same thing and found another thread that has a good solution:

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/16668284

... at least it is for Active Directory.

Hope it helps!
Patricia
Sebastian Wikholm, modifié il y a 9 années.

Regular Member Publications: 104 Date d'inscription: 10/03/11 Publications récentes
I still having problems with this: using mappings like user=member:1.2.840.113556.1.4.1941: or group=memberof:1.2.840.113556.1.4.1941: will not work, it will return nothing. Tried to find info about this but cant find anything
thumbnail
Daniel Tyger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Regular Member Publications: 105 Date d'inscription: 06/02/13 Publications récentes
Sebastian,

I am also trying to solve this. Let's share back if we find a solution. Thank you -daniel
Bruno Carvalho, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 01/08/14 Publications récentes
Hi,

Any news about this?
I'm also interested in finding some solution to this problem.

Thanks
thumbnail
Daniel Tyger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Regular Member Publications: 105 Date d'inscription: 06/02/13 Publications récentes
Hi Bruno - Have you seen these properties?:
#ldap.import.group.base.dn.default=
#ldap.import.group.base.dn.enabled=true

Maybe this will help pinpoint the location of your groups that may be different location from your users...?