Forums de discussion

redirection after password reset using reset link

Pranav Buch, modifié il y a 6 années.

redirection after password reset using reset link

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 08/11/17 Publications récentes
HI All,

We have a standard liferay 6.2 installation on a *nux box. To enable password resets using one time links, we have started using "Allow users to request reset password links" option in control panel. This works well, users are now able to get a one time password reset links that look like

"http://servername:port_number/c/portal/update_password?p_l_id=10506&ticketKey=6b6fa802-2538-4ffb-a8a6-502849a00361"

When users click this link, they are seeing a password reset screen. Issue is, after typing in password when users hit continue button, liferay is taking them to "web/guest/index" which looks like a login screen page (but in the form section it has a line saying "you are logged in as username". When i manually change URL to "/web/guest/home/" it works fine and takes me to user's normal landing page.

I have done some digging through code and it seems "https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/master/portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/action/UpdatePasswordAction.java#L102" is the line that initiates an incorrect redirect in my case. Apparently this code uses referer property of request to decide where to go after password is updated. I believe there should be a configuration issue somewhere in my installation/setup, i just cant figure out where and what.

Question is : How do I force password reset step to redirect user to "web/guest/home"?
(one way i know is to override this redirect using a hook, but hooks are almost always fragile to updates/upgrades)

Cheers!
Pranav Buch, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: redirection after password reset using reset link (Réponse)

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 08/11/17 Publications récentes
This was identified as an issue with our current version of LR and LR support team has been kind enough to get us a backported hotfix.