Forums de discussion

Portlet is not deployed

thumbnail
Ujjainee Sarkar, modifié il y a 6 années.

Portlet is not deployed

Regular Member Publications: 127 Date d'inscription: 20/07/16 Publications récentes
Can anyone please tell me why I am getting this error(Screenshot) although my code consists of the portlet and its jsp? I was not getting this error earlier. Our code is compiled in jdk 1.7 and Liferay 6.2 CE. Now we have upgraded to jdk 1.8. And I have redeployed the portlets. So this portlet comes missing from the entire project while the other portlets are deployed perfectly.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: Portlet is not deployed

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
you might have changed it from instanceable to not instanceable.
Or you've changed the portlet's name, the plugin's name (I'm assuming this is 6.x?). Reason is: The portlet ID that is on the page is constructed from its portlet name, the plugin (WAR) name and the optional instance id. If it's noninstanceable, the instance id must not be there and vice versa. Changes to any of the other values cause the message to appear.
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 127 Date d'inscription: 20/07/16 Publications récentes
Can you please tell me Olaf where to check it if any changes occured or not that you are talking about? When my machine was going for a change i just kept the backup of my entire project by exporting it as a war file and kept the sql dump and data associated with the project. Now I am importing from that backup only. I have not made any change in any names. So I am bit confused why such error is coming.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 6 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Ujjainee Sarkar:
Can you please tell me Olaf where to check it if any changes occured or not that you are talking about? When my machine was going for a change i just kept the backup of my entire project by exporting it as a war file and kept the sql dump and data associated with the project. Now I am importing from that backup only. I have not made any change in any names. So I am bit confused why such error is coming.

It's hard to tell exactly - my answer was a shot in the dark with one of the common reasons for portlets to disappear.

With this new information, it could be anything. First and foremost, I'm personally allowing the use of the word "backup" only for a collection of data that you've recently demonstrated to be useful when restoring to a completely new system. It seems that this is your first test of the restore operation, and it failed. Thus I'd not call it a backup.

Now, for the reasons: When a portlet is not available under the expected name, Liferay will show this error message. The portlet id is what counts: The reason I gave above was a development reason: When you change your implementation, it might have an effect on the portlet id. When Liferay is configured to have portlet "A" on the page, but you've renamed it to "B", it won't be found. This doesn't seem to be the case in your situation.

When the portlet is not deployed at all, naturally Liferay won't be able to find it, so the same message is displayed. Make sure that you've not only restored the database, but also deployed all of the portlets that you've deployed before. And make sure that these portlets are actually deployed (by checking for errors or success messages in the log files)

The short reason for your problem is: Something went wrong with restoring the system. What it was exactly, and explaining it, requires some more research and data. And you should definitely start with the log files. You also state that you've upgraded the Java version - validate that you indeed did this: If Liferay runs on Java 7, but you deploy code compiled with Java 8, it most likely won't deploy.
thumbnail

Hello Olaf,
I am telling you from the very beginning what I did. I had a Liferay 6.2 CE project named LiferayOp which consisted of different portlets e.g, Carousal portlet,dashboard portlets, workflow portlets, etc,etc. Now at that time I was using Java 7 in my system. Then my system needed to be upgraded so that I can use Liferay 7. So before installing and running Liferay 7 and Java 8 I took the backup of my Project by exporting it as a war file and kept it and its data and the dump sql associated with it in a folder. After that I upgraded to Java 8 and started running both Liferay 7 and Liferay 6.2CE in port number 8080 and 8083 respectively. Now I am trying to import that war file of the project in my Liferay 6.2CE eclipse Luna again and I have imported my sql dump in mysql 5.7 which was previously mysql 5.6(I have upgraded mysql also). But after importing the war I have made no changes in my project or any of the portlets. But the problem arising is some of the portlets like my Workflow portlet, blogs portlet are working while some like carousal portlet, dashboard portlet are showing not deployed. I am unable to understand why so? While some portlets are working why some other are not working when I have made no changes but just exported and then imported.