Forums de discussion

Update classes portal-kernel.jar

Patricia Hevia, modifié il y a 6 années.

Update classes portal-kernel.jar

Junior Member Publications: 69 Date d'inscription: 24/03/11 Publications récentes
Hello,

I am working with Liferay DXP and I would like to update some classes in portal-kernel.jar.

I know that in Liferay 6.2 I could use an ext-plugin but in DXP the ext-plugin does not exist.

Anyone know how I can do it?

Thank you very much.

Regards.
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: Update classes portal-kernel.jar (Réponse)

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Patricia,

Actually, EXT plugins were put back into the mix starting with SP4 I believe. Check this out: https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/advanced-customization-with-ext-plugins
Patricia Hevia, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: Update classes portal-kernel.jar

Junior Member Publications: 69 Date d'inscription: 24/03/11 Publications récentes
Thanks! emoticon
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: Update classes portal-kernel.jar

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Patricia Hevia:
I am working with Liferay DXP and I would like to update some classes in portal-kernel.jar.

As your question has already been answered, I'd just like to react to the semantical part of this question:

You shouldn't "like to update" with an ext: Ext should be the last resort, in case there is really no other option. In fact, Ext was gone and will be gone again in future. This is the time to let Liferay know of required extension points, stuff that you currently can't do without ext but still need to do.

If you talk about your requirements now, chances are that the relevant extension points will be there when ext disappears again. If you keep them secret, you might run into the same problem in future.