Forums de discussion

Versioning for Threads

thumbnail
Anil Sunkari, modifié il y a 12 années.

Versioning for Threads

Expert Publications: 427 Date d'inscription: 12/08/09 Publications récentes
Hello All,

I just wants to implement versioning for threads in Message Board portlet.Can anyone suggest me their views.I am working on Liferay-portal-6.0.5.

Regards,
Anil Sunkari
+91-8106855543
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: Versioning for Threads

Liferay Legend Publications: 1519 Date d'inscription: 07/08/06 Publications récentes
The message board portlet does not support versioning. What's your use case for versioning the threads?
thumbnail

Hi Mika,

Mika Koivisto:
The message board portlet does not support versioning. What's your use case for versioning the threads?

Thanks for your response.As my actual use case is once we post a thread.Since then once it got any response thereafter it must not allow us to edit the root thread anymore & if not , here in this case we thought of auditing the threads in version manner may be......

Regards,
Anil Sunkari
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modifié il y a 12 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1519 Date d'inscription: 07/08/06 Publications récentes
You could actually achieve that with a hook that modifies the owner permissions of the root message and removes update permission from owner after someone posts a response.
thumbnail

Hi Mika,

Mika Koivisto:
You could actually achieve that with a hook that modifies the owner permissions of the root message and removes update permission from owner after someone posts a response.

thanks for your suggestion as i exactly worked on hook but i'm not sure about my permission handling.Can you suggest me any quick way for this ......... or any specific process to achieve this.........

Note : As i found while surfing about this feature i.e; Liferay Staff are working on this feature implementation,as many of us having same requirements meanwhile.

Thanks,
Anil Sunkari