Forums de discussion

How to show faceted search in a page?

thumbnail
Mirto Silvio Busico, modifié il y a 6 années.

How to show faceted search in a page?

Regular Member Publications: 240 Date d'inscription: 18/01/12 Publications récentes
Hi all,
from the documentation:

To get started using faceted search, drop the Search application on a page and search for something. You’ll see a page with results on the right and a collection of facets on the left.

I need to show the faceted search page directly without doing a search to obtain that page.

How can I do it?
David Weitzel, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: How to show faceted search in a page?

Junior Member Publications: 65 Date d'inscription: 07/10/15 Publications récentes
I'm not sure that is a regular use case.
what point is facets when there are no search results? - they will be empty as there are no entity types or categories or users or timeframes to set facets on.
What is your objective? may be there are other portets you should be using like category navigator?

The documentation you quote is correct. put the search portlet on any page (instead of being in the nav bar of your theme) and you will see a box to type in a search terms and the search button. from there users get the list and facets appear automatically.
thumbnail
Mirto Silvio Busico, modifié il y a 6 années.

RE: How to show faceted search in a page?

Regular Member Publications: 240 Date d'inscription: 18/01/12 Publications récentes
Well, I'm triyng to setup a dedicated search page.
The selected facets (also empty) will show which criteria will be available to refine the search.

Bu I'll try your suggestion to create a page with only the search portlet.

Thanks